Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, September 9, 2010

September 9, 2010

Pre-Post
Orchestra Class (aid has called in sick for 7 days now)
Sharpay-  "O you shouldn't put makeup on that giant zit,''
Me- "I know, I know,"
Sharpay- "Really it will make it worse,"
Me- "Uh-huh, whatever you say" I apply more cover up..
Some girl that sits next to me- "You know they make medicated makeup that's tinted your color?"
Me- "Oh really? Wow I'll look into that," When you mind your business.
Sharpay- "See," 

It's been pointed out to me that I'm awfully cynical when it comes to the 8th grade. So I will now try to think of something good about the grade.

You get acne.
You have a ton of homework.
You are always self conscience.
You have to carry around half your body weight in folders and paper.
You have to wear ugly basketball shorts for PE.
You never get a break.
You are constantly surrounded by morons.

Oh wait......


After English I made my way through the doom hallway (really people call it that.) I'm feeling quite sad that I don't have math with Isadora, people in the hallway part for her. I'm a foot 6 inches taller than everyone in this hallway and its as though I don't exist.

My Algebra 1 H teacher pushes up her reading glasses onto her head as though they are sunglasses. She has straight across bangs which means the hair goes crazy when its pushed back. She drinks a diet coke everyday, it's 8:00 in the morning. That can't be healthy. She has a giant red goose egg on her forehead. That  can't be either. Personally I would have it checked out, but whatever.

The class starts and I am made fun of because I can;t divide 220 by 10. She gives me a teacher disappointment look. But I was too concerned with her head to care.

The we play probability BINGO. I get one but I'm to afraid to call it out. So the girl next to me does. I know I'm pathetic. I get a free pencil, which I try to pass to her, but she clearly doesn't want it either.

The morning announcements make me feel like I'm a fictional character in a movie. One starring a hunky jock and a popular cheerleader, my character would probably be an extra in any decent movie. But this isn't any decent movie this is mine and I'm the star. I like it.





There's a boy named Shane in the class. I don't know whats wrong with the name, but any one who has it seems to be loud and in the closet. He would be my sidekick.

Orchestra doesn't seem to ever change. I have been in advanced for 2 years now. This will be my 3rd.

Everything is the same.

The 1st violins are still stuck up and not as good as they seem to think they are.
2nd violins are still irrelevant.
Violas are still made fun of and they still get all defensive.
Cellos are still funny and loud.
Bass's are still mean and brooding.

Am I really the only one that notices these things?

In science she keeps talking about Nordstroms, and I can't help but wonder do you even have a lesson planned?

We almost start to talk about Dr.Herc (the scientific method- Define the problem. Research, Hypothesis, Experiment, Something else that starts with a R, and Conclusions.) But no, more talk about Ugg boots (spell check suggests Ugh when I type in Ugg, that's exactly what I think Mr.Spell check, exactly what I think)

So much more to cover..there is always tomorrow. There's always a tomorrow when you're in school.

0 comments: