Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

September 28, 2010

You know how I told you that if I was to have a sidekick I would pick Shane? Well he isn't exactly my friend, I just hear about him or across the room. He talks especially loud and in a "black girl" way. He is in NJHS with me and I was actually talking to him today. He's really funny and our sense of  humor's kind of match. We see Ariel running to open the door from across the room, and her run is more like a prance. She really seems to prance across the room.

Me- "Shes prancing"
Shane- "She is!"
Korola-"Ariel you-"
Me-"Don't ruin this for us. Ssh, you aren't suppose to tell her"
Ariel- "What? What are you guys saying?"
Me- "Your just really pretty."
Shane-"Yup. so pretty girl!"
Red-"They said you run like-"
Shane-"SO pretty!"
Ariel-"Aw, thanks!"
Me-"Her run is like a prance..."

Tough morning. I had an almost anxiety attack to which my mom said she just wasn't dealing with. Yes that helps. I didn't have my hair done and I hadn't eaten. It was messy.

Then in English, my first class, I was a wreck. I couldn't get my thoughts straight. The teacher had given us 2 essays to do at the same time, preparing us for the new and not so improved proficiency test. The prompts were something like this...

My take on a quote from Macbeth or at least what I can remember- "We always get what's coming to us on this earth. We teach the act of bloodshed and we become the victims of our own lessons. Something about evenhanded justice...we must drink our own poison...blah blah blah" How does this relate to the perils humanity faces today?

Um?

And number 2- What is the biggest problem for today's youth? Explain the problem and the solution?

Essays like this are my greatest problem. I wish I could explain the solution..

Bernie got her first essay done. I got nothing and I'm not exaggerating I wrote not one word. It's sad I'm supposed to be good in English. Ill have to write super fast tomorrow and hold back the tears. Kidding, kinda.

At least Bernie told me my hair looked pretty.

The orchestra aid was gone again. Why can't we just fire her? I don't get the obstacle.

Started volleyball today in gym. It was pretty ugly. Or at least for me. I paired up with Specs. She kept talking about our matching flapper costumes. Shocker. She wants it to be red. I told her I didn't have a problem with it, but I do. Like why can't she think of her own costumes or at least steal some one elses?







Shane was funny in science too. Ms.StarWars is using a girl as a demonstration for sound waves.

Teacher- "See if I was her friend and I was walking with her and I saw a cute boy behind us and I'm pointing and saying 'look look look' but I'm turned away from her, she won't be able to hear me as well. So she won't be able to see the cute boy until he is gone."

Shane- "God, that happens to me all the time!"
Silence.
 Shane- "I mean not with a guy..."

I lied again still haven't started Great Gatsby. Must soon though. Must get to bed...night!
Sorry for short post.

0 comments: