Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 22, 2010

Wednesday. Classes English, Algebra, PE, Adv. Orchestra, Homeroom.

So this girl gives Isadora a note today, one that states her current crush. Neither the girl nor the crush is important. Its the last line that is. Don't tell anyone, that includes O. Apparently this girl understands how close Isadora and I are. I know who the girls crush is despite the last line, and that says something.

English started with Bernie talking non-stop again. At one point she picked up her pencil and held it up almost to her nose. She started turning it. "Its like an optical illusion, O!" I took the pencil, turning it, "No, its not," She snatched it back and continued, "Well its freaking me out."

We had to test in homeroom, something about placement in high school. Only the 7th graders had to take it as well. There was math, 32 questions and reading 20 questions. Everyone seemed to finish before me, then when I was on the last page, this frienemy of mine in the seat behind Bernie's says, "How could you not be done yet?" Some of us, or more appropriately me, aren't as fast as you, that's why.

I hate standardized test with the special pencils and little bubbles.

Math test in Algebra 1 H. So I had 3 tests right in a row. Though I didn't finish my 2nd math test, the only one at the table who didn't. Why is it always me?

Isadora says that her science teacher taught accuracy today by sticking his finger in the hole he made with his other hand. At least no one will forget the meaning of accuracy now.

I'm looking at music videos and I love how every boy band has that one bad boy that doesn't smile at the camera and has thick eyebrows that all the girls seem to love. But I understand the eyebrow thing, compare Nick Jonas's with his brother Joe's. Yeah.

And then there's the goofy one and the serious, romantic one. Its so predictable.

Just finished the book club novel, The Book Thief. It was so sad, I cried. I use to tell everyone that I didn't cry at anything, exception to March of the Penguins,  because I really didn't. But it appears that I do, a lot.

We had to do this thing called Pacers today in gym. You have to run from one side of the gym to the other in between 2 beeps. The space between the beeps keeps getting smaller. I made it17 times across. I was proud of myself. My friend kept bragging about the fact that she had a doctors note for the whole year that said she couldn't run. She told me just over 50 times. And looked happier every time. I was almost hoping that the PE teacher wouldn't listen and make her run, that's how much I wanted her to shut up.

Yesterday in Geography something quick and funny happened. Miley came into the room after our lunch break and yelled, "Show me your Genitals!" Everything got quite, like whisperless quiet until out teacher said "What did you just say?" Miley obviously worried said, "Its a song, no really its a song!" Which it is. Our teacher responded- " Well I don't want to hear that song,"

Packed up the Lamingtons and I'm ready, except half of my hair isn't done. Today wasn't that bad to be honest, other then the testing and the running. I didn't once plan a murder in my mind, so all in all good day.

0 comments: