Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Friday, September 3, 2010

September 3, 2010

Friday

Started reading Macbeth today. We are probably on page 4 and theres already a war and blood. I don't even want to know whats going to happen in the next hundred pages, and more importantly who will be reading during the sickest parts. Because let me tell you it's all about voice. Bella the girl in the back with the booming voice and the freaky natural gray hair reads and I might just pass out. The girl in the corner ,who's voice goes up no matter what she says so everything sounds like a question, she reads then I'll be thinking of unicorns and rainbows, doesn't matter how bloody the text is. "He pulled the dagger steaming with others blood and covered it with this new mans, from his gut to his gullet?" Not so sick is it when it's a question.


During first period math all 8th graders had to go to the theater for the deans assembly. We used to have two deans, but one of them was moved to the high school near by, making it dean assembly. Just one dean, Mr.Nose standing behind his plastic podium shuffling the power point papers he's printed. At first I was surprised at how quite we all were, all 500 of us. We all sat in our hard backed, blue chairs, completely silent, almost respectful. That's when I realized we weren't being respectful we were being bored out of our minds. We aren't allowed to bring tech decks (yes this rule is very necessary because those haven't been popular since 4th) or water pistols (this doesn't even deserve a comment, if you bring a water pistol to school neither do you.)

When you looked across the auditorium not more then 5 people had there eyes above half mast. This includes me, I think I was making a mental list of all the reasons I would ever need to bring a water pistol to school.

You-know-who was out again, who knows where. But seriously what do orchestra aids do in there spare time? Not that's it exactly spare time considering she should have been at work.

There is this boy in my PE class, AJ. At first I was fairly sure he had the wrong person, but he called me by my name. How he knows who I am and feels the need to hug me is still a mystery. Then he tried to give me a high five. I have a terrible habit of biting my nails which is what I was doing when he stuck is hand out, I didn't know if he noticed or not so I gave him an awkward pal only high five. Whats worse is this will probably be my go to funny story for the next year. 

I have a theory. All teachers became teachers so that they could give homework rather then receive it. Its payback. Which is why they feel the need to ruin my Labor Day weekend with homework packets. Packets.

Specs insulted my hair today. I walk into World Geo maps strewn across the floor for today's worksheet (teachers also hate the planet, a forest was probably donated simply for the packets I got for homework.) She's sitting in the seat next to mine and when I walk up she asked me if I had woken up late or if my hair was on purpose. Whoa back up. What? Oh no she didn't. I mean what kind of person says that to another. But don't worry she'll make a perfect teacher someday.

There's something about the bus that magnifies every little movement. The heat is excruciating and the girl across from me and Isadora keeps screaming in Spanish, except for the last three words of her sentence. "blah blah blah blah cabbage patch kid." 

Isadora whispers to me, apparently the boy 2 seats ahead of us is called the Taco that sniffed the Cheese.No one knows why. I don't believe her.

Me- "Whats your name?"

Him-"Taco."

You learn something new everyday.

0 comments: