Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September 14, 2010

Open House Day

This post is being written at 8:46, a few minutes from my bed time.

Bernie was back from skipping today in English. She wouldn't stop talking, and I'm not exaggerating. She wouldn't stop. I'm fairly sure I know her entire history now, and she doesn't just talk in between the teacher words. She talks over them. Until, of course, I had to tell her to please be quiet for a minute. She just kept going how her and Sophie had like no one liking them, and Randy had everyone and that just wasn't fair. Despite my unpopularity, when I tell people to shut up, they do. I'm so polite all the time, when I say anything in my serious tone its taken, well, seriously.  So this was sort of a shocker.

In math I found out I got a 95% on my exam. I was very proud with myself, but that had to stop when I found out that the 2 girls next to me were being asked to leave the class. The same ones I told did just fine. Its like I jinxed it.

John Calivin 1, 2 and 3 got on my nerves today.
"Yes but you need to divide 81 by 100" duh was clearly implied.

6 minutes till bed.

I have two large bites on my arm and I had one on my leg a week ago. And you now what I found out today? Bed bugs actually exist. What? I had no idea I just thought they didn't know what else rhymed with 'good night, sleep tight..."

I'm scared to say the least.

I played basket ball today. Again I was proud with myself till Katlyn said- "you know if you were really playing you would be out with like a ton of penalties"

Maybe her bow tie was on a little tight because it was just for fun.

Then we grilled hamburgers in science. I'm a vegetarian, but also a good students so I sat in the very first row. Mistake 1. The smell was horrid. I kept on coughing and Specs was like "are you ok?" If the question was in text it would have multiple question marks that's how much of a question it was.

Mistake 2. Laughing at the wrong time seems to get me in trouble all too often. Last year I was lined up with the rest of Adv. Orchestra in my ugly black dress outside the theater. Someone wrote H1N1 on the wall in little letters. I said out loud "Guess it didn't get its shot." Which caused me to laugh, that's how dang funny I think I am. The band teacher, watching us, was not pleased.

Anyway today the other 8th grade science teacher was doing the cooking. He was introducing the other teachers and he said "And for all of you who already know Ms. Y and are starting to dislike her..." I laughed. I mean it was a joke. But I guess teachers are the only ones who are suppose to make fun of teachers. Like using the N word. My friend told me- "Just because they say to each other doesnt mean we can."

6 minutes past bed time. Arent I a rebel. Once I went a night without flossing...

Open house was good, clean fun. Until of course math class came around. You had to go to each of your classes with your parents. Anyway. I'm sitting in front of my mom. My teacher is addressing us.

Shes talking about working with the other 8th grade Algebra 1 Honors teacher, also my 7th grade teacher.

"Yup, we're partners," And then she bumps her two fist together sideways. Bumping fists...Partners....Me and my mom snickering.

All good clean fun!

0 comments: