Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

September 21, 2010

Picture Day for boys, Free dress.

So I go on Facebook this afternoon and know what I find? A bunch of mushy posts from everyone at my school to a few girls. And if you trace it back it starts with one post from a friend of the girl saying that this girl thinks that she is not pretty, Which means that everyone on the planet messages her and posts on her already full wall. But wait. These girls are the prettiest, most popular girls in the school. Katlyn, Sabrina, Audrey.

Bernie is wearing highlighter green and black plaid pants that she bought 2 years ago and are a little too tight. And, oh, suspenders. I told her her shoes didn't match. She told me that finally her outfit matched her personality. So your obnoxious? At least that's what I heard.

We had to take a first grade level test in English. It was from the state, not my teacher. It went something like this...

Circle the word that fits in the sentence.
The cat (ran, quick, tree) from the dog. The dog (ate, barked, Robinson) at the cat.

I was just plain weird. Nothing more to say. 

In math Ms.R was more rapid then ever. She was making up for the lesson she didn't teach yesterday. She was talking and writing and erasing before the bell even rang.  We have our second unit test tomorrow, so I'm a little nervous.

We were told that we were going to play a Lady Gaga song for chamber orchestra. The whole class, except me, freaked out. And not in a good I can't wait way. In a she is so terrible, you can't make me, she doesn't really work way. The last one doesn't even make sense, of course she works! I was excited, I mean when you are stuck learning mostly classical for a long time a bit of pop is really fun.

Stayed after for the NJHSpdpfdjklfjri induction. We had to raise our right hand, and after the left hands were put down and the right ones were put up, we had to say a pledge. I can't even remember what it was. Something about citizenship and courtesy or something.

Funny Moment in The History of the Lunch Room-
There is a boy who I have seen around the halls since 6th. In 6th grade he was in a wheel chair and then a walker. He broke his legs or something, I don't even know. The in 7th he had a walker and a cane. I thought he was in 8th when I was in 7th, he has a mustache practically! Anyway, I saw him and his cane in the hallway today! He must be old enough to vote, or at least drive. I don't know how many times he was held back.

So I tell Isadora this and she flips out she thinks its so funny that I saw him, she hadn't yet. The class president, Hilary across from us says "Whats so funny you guys?" To which we both reply by moving are hands as though we were walking with a cane. We see each other doing it and burst out laughing. She was like " I don't know what that means?!"

"Well we both did!"

Can't wait for book club! As I write this my vice principle is leaving a message for me telling the students to wear out polos tomorrow. Oh wait, its in Spanish now!
That just made my night...

0 comments: