Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

September 29, 2010

I have a serious problem with temptation. It drives me crazy, once I think of something I want to do, I really want to. Usually its not something mean or cruel, its normally funny or what I like to think is witty. But today It almost got dangerous. I was walking home and I always go way out of my way to step on the extra crunchy looking leafs. Its always really disappointing when the turn out not to be crunchy, but that's beside the point. I was in the middle of crossing the street when I saw this brown and yellow, clearly brittle leaf. I was already far away from it and this truck was racing down the street towards me, but I couldn't help but want to run back and stomp on it. I'm still here so I can fight temptation, but I almost went to get it. Some way to die that would be...Her death can be blamed on that sick urge we all get to crush things much smaller then us, in O's case, this was a leaf.

The bus ride at the end of the day was especially funny. We always seem to get to the parking lot at the same time so we are always ushered on to the same bus, with the same cranky women. At least we stopped getting the guy that was 90 and close to a heart attack or something, he was kind of cool though, he let you talk as loud as you want because he couldn't hear you. Yeah he was decent, except you always got that feeling like you were gonna die on the way to the transfer school.

Anyway the cranky bus driver woman lady always makes you go to the very back and work your way up. As Isadora and I were walking on I heard her whisper,"Go all the way to the back, I don't want you up here. I don't like children."

On the same ride she saw a girl next to us with a pop tart hanging out of her mouth, she couldn't be more obvious if she slapped people with it. Ms.Bus driver saw and called her up,"Put that away, spit that out, don't taste that. Yeah you come up here. I don't trrrust you." Yeah she said it with three R's.

You know what I like? I like those  little jokes that you only see if your lucky. I love those they make me feel like I'm part of a secret club. The club of people who think word play is a cool way to make new friends.

I got another 95% on my math test, Unit 2. Unit 3 test is on Monday. Receiving the test was awkward. I was sitting with Hannie and I kept telling her how worried I was. Because as middle schoolers we must voice our worry so that everyone knows. She was confident in her work and then her test was passed back. She got a 76%. Awkward...


We were going over the answers and when we got to the 2 questions on Nth term. The teacher Ms.Bumpy Head asked us all,"Did you all understand these questions?" We all responded as you do in the classroom, simultaneously and with a straight back,"Yes!" Which is when she let out a giant sigh, as though she was thinking 'few I can teach!' It made my day and I kept wanting to tell other people but I knew they wouldn't understand why I thought it was funny.

You know what else I like (other then crunchy leafs and inside jokes?) I like lies that people think no one notices. Yeah well I notice.Mary thinking that no one realized her sprained ankle changed sides every other day.One of the cheerleaders thinking everyone believed her when she said she dyed her PE shirt blue by accident.

I haven't started the Great Gatsby yet. Soonish.

I'm sitting with Isadora and we see this boy on a bike outside the window. He's got his guitar on his back and he looks pretty cool."You know what he looks like? He looks like he's going places. He's gonna do something someday." Whatever you say. He just looked like a boy on a bike to me.

0 comments: