Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, September 20, 2010

September 20, 2010

Picture Day for Girls. Free Dress.

I woke up 30 minutes early, the sun hadn't even bothered to wake with me and got ready for picture day. People don't only change their hair and entire face for picture day (which is ridiculous) they also seem to change personality's. Tomboys become girly girls. Nerds become neon and shiny new. Its funny.

And then there are people like Specs who do their hair everyday with a big bow, and wear makeup and low cut Polo's (didn't know they made those.) She didn't do her hair, she was bare faced and she wore a t-shirt. I don't get it, aren't you suppose to dress up for picture day rather then down? And then- here comes the worst part- she doesn't like her picture! She says her sun burn is showing and she looks terrible. She doesn't want to do re take day because she will have to wear Standard Student Attire.

My picture on the other hand turned out half way decent. I did a Mona Lisa smile. The women had her Bell Photo shirt knotted and her lace undershirt showed up to her belly button. I watched the petite red head at the other camera tell the girls how to fix their hair, while mine fiddled with her own. She adjusted this and that, telling me to hunch my back and straighten my posture at the same time, telling me to hold still and kick myself. So my smile sorta faded like in old photos in the 1800's when the camera man had to go under a small curtain and it took so long that everyone looked like they would rather be being stabbed then stand in the same position any more. Hence the small Mona Lisa smile and take the picture already eyes.

But to be honest it was my best photo of middle school, which isn't saying much.

I sat between Specs and Bernie today during English. I could have whipped out any weapon and killed them, no regret. I didn't even pretend to be laughing at their not funny jokes I just did my work and shot evil glances which they didn't see.

Tons of math homework, some of it not even done yet and I have to go to bed soon. Needless to say I'm freaking out on the inside. But then I remember that I was the only science student in my teachers classes to get 100% on both her tests last Friday. Yah, take that. Though I still have math to do.

Boys picture day tomorrow. I think I'm going to wear my Clothing Status Update Torso Coverage ON shirt. Yes, yes I will. Because I'm cool like that.

Aid in Orchestra was gone again, had to throw that in.

Must leave you,` Algebra is waiting...

0 comments: