Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Semester Exams 1st Day

Today's post will be pretty short. The day was cut in half, we got out at 11:40, so other than testing nothing happened.

Let me start off by saying there are rules for everything. Including semester exams. You aren't to bring your back pack. You aren't to bring a lunch.
And then there are the student made, or thought, rules. If you do your hair or wear anything other than your loosest jeans you will get glared at. Half days and big tests (the major May and finals) means you forget looks. Basically the opposite of the first days or picture days.

So everyone looks like they're in 5th grade, in sweats and no makeup and loose buns that are actually messy, not fake messy. We all kinda look like Micheal Trachtenburg meets Brittany after you know what.

I got to school and dropped off the money and Morning Bun I had gotten my science teacher for giving me the bagel and change when I forgot my lunch. She seemed taken aback and unhappy, but to be honest I don't care. I felt like I owe her, and I don't like owing people things.

Does that make sense?

When I got back to English I started on my essay again, panicking because it had to be done by Friday, but I also had to finish a multiple choice too. That I had created my own study guide for.
The essay is on tone and interpreting two poems. I hate poems. They make no sense and cut off mid sentence and I always seem to get the wrong story when I read them. I hate poems.

I was the last to finish in math for the first time. When I got to the 10 honors questions we had 8 minutes left and I still hadn't checked my constructive response or bubbled in the other scan tron sheet. So on half I guessed, C. Hopefully they aren't counted for more.
The thing was we didn't have as long as other classes because when we looked at our packets we only had the odd pages. At first no one noticed than someone went up and said it skips from 3 to 10. My teacher thought, only one person, asked us to check ours, saw a room full of raised hands and panicked.
They always tell you to check and nothings ever wrong, and then when you don't, on one of the hardest tests, its all messed up. A total disaster.

Then they give you a ten minute break, which is really a 5 minute break with 5 minutes to get to your next class. The quad is filled with all 1500 of us and every club is selling something prepackaged in tin foil and filled with god knows what because they only sell it for 10 cents.

I bought a pickle and some pop corn, because I may understand the issues with my school, but that doesn't stop me from falling prey to them.

 Chamber exam has turned into music marketing project, which means putting together a group of no more than 6. And well we aren't the Jersey Shores (Tim's group) DC Strings is coming along. I made the contract and will do the advertisement and picked the song, but what's new?

And then we left. And that was it. No friends, no jokes, nothing but coffee high, makeup less people eating pickles and pop corn and hoping they didn't fail.

I hope I didn't fail.

At least there's only 2 more days and then I go to Isadora's for my birthday breakfast.

Until tomorrow!

0 comments: