Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

January 11, 2011

Its 1, 11, 11

We had this creepy sub in Algebra. He looked like he should have had cool Jerry Maguire shades on or be blind. One of the two. He was bald, but had like side burns that turned into goatee thing. I'm making him sound worse than he was, but he just kinda made me feel like I should be silent.

Bernie was here today (not in my house, but at school) but she was kinda distant and weird. Though to be honest I had kinda seen it coming. I'm the only friend she has that isn't in her 'group.' I'm the one she talks to when no one else is around and we never hang out. I think I saw one movie with her and that was it. There aren't any pictures of me on her facebook wall, I can tell you that.

Her best friend just got the role of Belle in the Beauty and the Beast. Figures, only sopranos get roles. So all the sopranos got the main roles and the actually actors got narrator 5. I'm pretty scared to see it, it being my favorite princess tale, if any one can butcher it, its my school.

There are some traditions that are spoken and some that aren't. Take for example the naming of the wild cats in the gym or the welcome back dance each year. They're unspoken 6th grade traditions. Every year the incoming 6th grade class names the giant wild cat head on the wall and the one in the cage above the old stage. Each year is different, though you never know the names of any class but your own. And the welcome back dance is considered the 6th grade dance, it's packed with all 450 of them. It's their first 'dance,' I can't blame them. I went to mine. In fact that's the only dance I've gone to, that I wasn't working.

At the end of the year I'll go to the 8th grade semi formal. Which costs 20 dollars and is held at the Italian American club down the street, real classy. I tell other people that I wasn't planning on going, but that of course is a lie. Everyone plans on going. It's like planning on becoming cool or popular or sitting on the dark side of the cafeteria. You plan it, but only some of the time does it work out.

Everyone wears dresses from JC Penny's and they're always tight and bright. And if they aren't they look like something that's so shiny it would stop traffic. You're either t and b or s, don't fight it, embrace it.  The guys buy their girls corsages. Which the girls will try o save until they're 23, and can't remember why they were carrying it around in a mini fridge and I suppose you're supposed to go with a date, but you're also suppose to refrain from calling people pigs and idiots to their face. Rules are going to be broken.

Book club was canceled because lazy Mr.Mac decided he was to busy to finish and he didn't want to have to tell everyone that. No book club until February 3.

I also skipped my first NJHS meeting. I heard their was no cheer practice and that means no ride from Isadora. I thought it was a one week thing and me skipping out meant no late bus today, or ever. But apparently cheer practice is done. Forever. I don't understand it, what with nationals coming up. But then again cheer leaders struggle with counting to 8 (1 ,2, 3, 4...what comes after that one?) and remembering how to spell things, even colors (What are our school colors? Give me an G, give me and R, give me an...) why would they know that practicing will make them better? My expectations were way too high.

So that left me really sad. I missed NJHS, fortunately not the class picture, that got canceled, and I'll get home at like 5:30, every Tuesday.

Instead of going to 3rd yesterday, or more correctly staying in third. I went to the counselors office and talked to one of them. Not mine, mine is the middle aged man who says 'h's' like Stewie.
I talked to the young blond one and she strongly encouraged me going to PE over the summer. Is my weakness that noticeable?

It has to be when things are always hitting me in PE. Now I know who watched the camera's tapes. I got hit with a volleyball today. It was on my left side, still recovering from Jane Lynches marriage, so I really didn't feel anything. It's all good. I just pretended no to hear the laughter...story of my life.

Are you ready for my imaginary birthday party? Because you and Avril are invited.

My mom wears crocs :(

0 comments: