Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, January 20, 2011

January 20, 2010

Second day of semester exams wasn't much different than the first. Only today I had English, Adv.Orchestra, and Geo.

I finished my English essay on snow (their views in life? its about snow!) and managed to fit it all into the final draft paper, but it basically made no sense at all. I think I mentioned snow and winter about 35 times! And tone and hope and I quoted some stuff about. You know what wait..you can read it yourself...
Mary Oliver's made sense, but Henry Wadsworth Longfellow's didn't. Never trust a man with three names.
Even though I liked his best his doesn't make sense-

Even as our cloudy fancies take
      Suddenly shape in some divine expression,
Even as the troubled heart doth make 
 
Does this mean he's sad? 
God I hate poetry. 


Then I went to adv orch. First one in the room, which meant time out corner seat. I was so cramped and lonely.
The test itself only had a few spots where I didn't know the answer. Which is to be expected, I  mean I have been taking the same test for 3 years.

She always manages to throw in an essay,too. I gave her what she wanted to hear and ended sentences about posture with exclamation marks. 

Why is computer being stupid and making my writing do this?
The poetry did it. Of course. Its like clip art and Cinnamon gum, never good. 

Geography was the same way, 100 questions and only a few hard ones. I forgot my notes at home, which we were allowed to use on the test. I told everyone I was 'uber' confident in myself and didn't need them. I hate the word uber. I always stop myself before I actually say it (or epic or legendary) because then I'd have to punch myself. 

My table, made up of Ariel and Samuel (perverted, yet proper, ladies man- He asked Ariel and me if we used tampons or pads. I told him he couldn't ask questions like that, then asked him if he would ask a girl her weight. He said 'no that would be so rude!') and Specs. 
For some reason we play this game. This test game where we cheat. And it sounds bad but we aren't going Cheats (the film) or anything, it's not hardcore. Someone will whisper a number and someone else will whisper a letter. Usually it's me, Ariel and Sam. Only primarily Sam and Ariel. I don't really ask, I more answer if someone can't get an answer out of someone else, backup. It's wrong I know, but it's the thrill man! No just kidding, it's like an inside joke. It makes you feel like your in on something. Not spilling someone else's secrets. 
I don't honestly do it. And for a second you thought I got deeper. Wrong. 

It was weird when Specs tried to join though. She didn't do it right, she tapped on the paper so you had to look up and I just kind of ignored her because she was being far too loud, like I do when the neighbors come over. 

I'm the one boy in the group who looks away and has slight gruff and never talks. I'm the only one looking away on the album cover. 
If only life was like a boy band. Millions of girls always running after you and the fame and money and stuff. I hate it when I go outside and all these chicks throw themselves at me, though.  Life's a trade off. 

But then again I also wish people would break out in song like on Disney or my grandmother. 

Isadora made me laugh yesterday. Forgot to mention it. 
Apparently she went down stairs in the morning and her dad kinda looked at her funny and told her she needed to wash her face. She responded by telling him she had run out of cover up. 
She asked me what I use, 'Neutrogena, though it doesn't work at all,'
'Yeah, my mom bought me Burt's bee wax sap oak tree maple stuff. Your washing your face with Neutrogena and I'm washing mine with tree sap!'

Going over to her house tomorrow. Oh and I did my hair! 
And then I couldn't reach my alarm clock and I had banana bread for breakfast, and then it was uber, epically, cold out and I wasn't wearing a sweater and....

Wish me luck on science, apparently the highest grade so far is 76%. Crap. 

Wish me luck on gym- I'm sorry I can't stop laughing. I got gym, no worries. 

I love how whenever you part in hallways on semester days you always simultaneously say 'Good Luck!'




0 comments: