Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

January 3, 2011

I was talking to Hannie well not really playing some stupid game called mat ball in PE and I mentioned how our old friend, a cello player, was already in the top orchestra at the arts high school, even as a freshman. I told her I thought it might be because her teacher was the orchestra teachers wife. Hannie agreed and then she said something along the lines of this,'I love her to pieces and everything, but she isn't that good to get into the 4th orchestra, Mr.Meanie always picks his wife's students and I don't think she deserved...'

My first thought was this-Just like adding 'No offense' adding 'I love her to pieces' does not make insulting her okay.
Second thought-If she talks about her with me that way, what the heck is she saying about me with other people. Holy crap...

Obviously she must be dismissed from the practically endless list of friends. I'll show that to you some day.
Oh wait, my secretary can't seem to find it in her cardboard desk, yeah no I'll uh, I'll get back to you on that one.

So my new years resolutions are already broken. Though for my 14th birthday I might be getting a gym membership. The messages they think are so discreet. Like when they kindly left me a book entitled The Difficult Child.

As for the first day back it wasn't to bad. Specs didn't bring up her new shoes and I only had to explain that 'no I didn't shop at Hollister, this was a gift, I know I wouldn't fit in there' about 5 times. So not as bad as I expected.

It was cold however. At one point in 0 hour all of a sudden there was a slight clank and complete silence. The steady hum of the heater gone. We all kinda looked up expectantly at once and then at each other in fear. Some parts of my desert home actually got snow yesterday. I blame it on the gas stations and the Koreans. That's correct right? No? I'm getting canceled? Who was offended?

I got a 51/54 on my math test! Whoo...you don't care.

I did the blue print for the roller coaster project and remember how I had those 4 science packets that Ms.Sarcastic or Ms.I'm Single By Choice, whichever you prefer, told me I didn't really have to do, 'no worries.' Yeah well I did 3/4, but that last one I didn't have time for, and trusting her beacuse she has given me candy before I turned that last one in blank. So now I have 2 F's in the grade book, why 2 I have no idea.

Apparently I missed the memo about opposite day. Gezzus Christ.

The funny thing is that I only got dropped to a B beacuse every single one of my other grades is a 100%. Crap, I'm doing the discreet bragging thing again. I need to work on that.

Ms.Heels was begging Hannie to do a solo at the open house for incoming students and I was all supportive saying nice stuff about being prepared for the high school audition and how much fun that would be! And all the while Hannie is hesitating and saying she can't make it. I'm obviously like 'Hey I can do a solo too! People like me I think!' But apparently not. Which explains why that list is missing and I'm here typing to you rather then 'txtin with my home girls' Do they say that? That's the problem, I don't even know.

Maybe more will happen tomorrow!? I'm not crossing my fingers.

You wont believe what my mom got for Christmas. Sit down now. I'll wait.
CROCS!
I am officially a hypocrite (like you weren't one before?) My mom is a croc mom too.

My sincere apologies.

0 comments: