Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, January 6, 2011

January 5, 2010

PE was the greatest today. We were outside, which at first was a bummer, but it turned out to be nice out. And then we played capture the cone on the soccer field!
The object was to run across and get a cone or two people in jail, because that's where you went if your flag got pulled and... seriously guys do I really have to explain this to you?
Anyway. I kinda teamed up with a few other girls. And we made a pact/truce thing with a few people from the other side. Sounds like a gang thing. They couldn't get us and we couldn't get them. There were a lot of ways to play. And I did pretty well. I got like 15 cones, no joke. Seriously. Like really. Shut up!
But that was another thing. We would all run at once, usually, so we were always in a pack and everyone kept yelling at us for standing there and talking. I was like shut up. Even if we were. It's 8th grade gym. God, people get so competitive. 'It's our ball! It's our ball! You're a cheater! Give it to me! Whoooo!' I usually respond to this one of two ways. A)To tell them to count to 10. Which hardly ever works because they don't know how to count and don't think I'm hilarious and well B doesn't really matter because I always try A first and now I have my own corner in the nurses office, so yeah neither really ever go over.
Hannie and Specs, who was surprisingly not in my group, got me out of jail. So I think I'll have to find a place for Hannie again. You know if I can pencil her in.
Spec's is on a different list which could get me in a lot of trouble, so um lets just drop that one...
The funniest thing that happened was when one of the opposite team members who we had a truce with ran into the trash can. The thing about my school is that we don't have field or courts or anything. Everything belongs to the park that we are kinda in. We just use them and have Mr. Rodriguez fight off the homeless. So there were two public trash cans on the sidewalk and she just kinda fell into one. They both fell over and lets just say. She will never live this down. Never. You think, haha O your such a joker. Your just trying to make middle school seem tough. Yeah, no, this is for real. Tip #56 Don't run into trash cans. Period.
And then wait for it. She did it again. It was really a hehe moment it was more like a AHAHAHA moment. You know?
What I don't understand is why schools keep those big, black, rubber trash cans in the hallways. What is this some kind of sadistic joke? Like yeah we know what kids do to other kids in big trashcans. But we're just gonna leave these here and go smoke pot in the teachers lounge.
Literally that's what the teachers at my school sound like.
It's not something to be proud of, my school. You don't really say,'Yeah, I go to _____!' Nope, more like '____ nope never heard of that place, don't pay attention to my moms bumper stickers'
Speaking of bumper stickers. Isadora's mom got one that says 'Keep Christ in Christmas,' So not only is Isadora planning her moms death, but also how to sneak out of the house and pull it off.
Because it was so cold out we had to do pacers. You know the run back and forth sprints. Everyone couldn't believe it because we had just had our post test. So when we asked about that my teachers said,'Yeah you had a pretest, but that one last week was a middle test, and this is the post test.' Half the kids said simultaneously,'Whats a f**king middle test?'
Fact of the day -A wickless candle is a crayon.
I have come to the conclusion that Bernie needs a soap opera. She really deserves one. That way I'd have to turn on the tellie to hear about how horrid her life is. Sorry, I got to work on that.

My mom wears pink crocs. Don't you say anything.

0 comments: