Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Januray 18, 2010

I have a sneaky feeling something is going on that I'm not suppose to know about.....

But I had that same feeling when my gerbil slept for 5 days straight and then mommy said it was hibernation and the rest darkens his colors. So no big deal.

My science teacher may be the reason for senioritist. She printed out 3 different study guides. A blue, green and a yellow. Like any logical person, or forget logic, anyone, I thought well they must have different questions, but the same concepts.
Unfortunately my teacher isn't a normal person. She has fallen under the weight of..oh wait, she doesn't do anything! She cut the test, 75 questions, into 3 bits. 25 questions. So I know 33.3% of the information on the tests. That's it. And she was joking about not getting every question right, try not getting more than a third. Like who thinks of that? Giving kids different chunks of a test, with different information on it!
I complained, in the form of a strongly thesaurused letter, and she hinted that she put the extras in the recycling. So now I have all 3. And so does Specs, who cried twice today. Once for this little retarded incident and the other because 4 girls in her drama class were joking with her saying she didn't have drama last year 5th period. When she did.
I think the convo went like this...
Specs-'Hey remember last year in 5th drama when we did-'
Girl1- 'I didn't have drama with you,'
Girl2- 'You didn't have drama 5th,'
Girl3-'Are you crying?'

My current project for her is independence. A work in progress.

My first few periods were slow and sad because we did math short answers for the exam today and I felt as though I had gotten the first one wrong. Then I asked 4 people and they all got x=7, not my answer.
I panicked and bought myself a orange cream sickle and wallowed in my doom. Until Ms.Bumpy came in and said it was okay if I took another look at it.

God, when you think about it I shouldn't be stressing over little things like that. I kept telling myself that. It's only one test. And then my other little voice would answer, yeah the semester exam.

Ms.Bumpy's son came in and at first I thought he might be a Homeboy industries thing. Until I found out he was registering for colleges and needed his moms help. He had spiked carrot colored hair and big, man jewelry and a baggy shirt. The apple was like over the mountain, through the river and under a bush from the tree.

I don't know if I've told you but in the beginning of the year (I sort of just did a double take in my mind. We have a semester left....we have a semester left) I volunteered Ariel to tutor for math. My silent revenge, if you will. Ever since then she gets sick on Wednesdays, her tutoring days.
It kinda goes like this.

She walks into homeroom, slumps in her plastic chair and lets her hair cover her healthy face. Then she sputters a little and groans,'I don't think I'll be able to tutor today, tell Ms.Bumpy I say sorry.' And then she gets better the next day.

Me and Bernie started taunting her for this.
Bernie- 'You feeling okay there Ariel?'
Me- 'Is it the Wednesday sickness, again!? Poor baby,'

She also has her little mini me, Ariel #2, by her side. Stroking her head. But she can't push her off or yell at us. You know, she's suppose to be sick. There's a cover to keep in place.

We also tease her and #2 about what we call the Ariel's. I don't know what it is about Ariel that makes girls want to throw themselves at her like Chad Michal Murray, but they do it. Maybe its her popularity, her over ruling confidence, or her signature scent. Personally I think it's the rules of the bathroom.

The rule is, and its a human nature rule, that if a name is written, with or without a heart, in a bathroom the occupants of the bathroom will create and interest for that person, whoever they are. So someone wrote Ariel's name in the girls bathroom and suddenly holding hands and kissing goodbye isn't so bad after all.

Because that's what it is. When Ariel is with a friend you can't tell which hand is which.

So me and Bernie will see this and say, lets go Ariels, twist into a contortionist pose all touchy feely and everyone will laugh at how accurate our impersonation is. We tend to do it on Wednesdays, for obvious reasons.

We took our picture in NJHS. I did my generic smile until my teacher yelled, 'O!' And I crinkled my face into a grin by surprise. It was the first time I was in the front of a photo in a long time (my height), they had the executive board in chairs.


Apparently I act like I'm 23. So says my teacher. Whats wrong with saying that something was uncalled for?

I'm reading a new book, Annie on my Mind. It'll have to go on hold for book club, but it's good so far. Page 20 that is. Apparently it's about two teenage girls falling in love. Or so says the back cover. The boy who sits next to me in Geo wants to borrow it after me.

Me- Lola are you wearing a collared shirt.
Lola- No.
Me- You didn't get in trouble.
Lola- No.
Me- Mr.Nose didn't see you?
Lola- He stopped me to ask what flavor of gum I had.
Ryan- His new hair cut is creepy.
Me- You noticed he got a hair cut?
Bernie- I think someone else wins the creepy award.

Oooh, ssssss. (No one gets that reference here do they?)

0 comments: