Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, January 10, 2011

January 8th, 2011

I went to my first cheer competition on Saturday. It was hardcore. There were moms running around, swinging bags that apparently their daughters were to weak to carry, and little girls pimped out like Dolly Parton, and anorexic girls bouncing around, though very rarely did they smile when they weren't on camera.

To be honest it was more than a little intimidating. I think I disliked myself more there than anywhere else. Not only was I the only one there with minimal makeup on, but naturally curly hair. They all had these high pony tails, except for my school who had like high Princess Lea buns, and they all kinda looked like they were dipped in sparkles before the Joker got to their faces. That sounds harsh, but it was kinda like a bees hive, only every single bee thought it was the queen.

There was a side A and side B. So we sat on side B in order to see my school and the ones competing against it, which included my old pre-school/kindergarten bff's school. My mom said she looked like an owl, which she kinda did. Like a blond Michel Tractenburg. So every other performance we only saw the girls behinds. Which may have appealed to some, but really I was interested in the crazy faces they would make.

They would wave, they would pucker, they would blow kisses, and really look kinda.... How to I put this, well they didn't look like middle schoolers. It was all very posey and coy and for the camera, but mostly it was icky.

Isadora, however, really didn't do those. Though she claims she did 3, apparently they were instructed to. She didn't though, or was inexperienced because all we could see was her smile. My school did really well I think. They were kind of more interesting to watch because they did different moves, leaning a little towards dance sometimes, or synchronized swimming.

My old friends school did well also. They were a little more typical though.

My school got 2nd and is going to nationals, which is happy making. Even though I'm not in the team. I think I was scared enough for the whole squad and the measly mascots. I nearly passed out.

The group that got first was some church school, I think. They had some giant cheering group of moms with t shirts on that all matched. Though they held up signs that said GO FIGHT WIN. And I didn't know religious people were aloud to fight. I'll have a shirt for next time.

I am actually really glad I went because none of Isadora's family went. Me and my mom were the only one's there for her, in the sweaty over packed with soccer mom gym. We were it and I'm glad I got to support her and everything. No I'm all sappy..why don't I have a

This is going to seem really off topic, but have you ever cried when like having a day dream? You know like when you have a fantasy of sorts and its so sad you like bawl. You haven't? Oh, yeah, no me neither.
It's kind of like when you get teary when you see a movie or homeless man. You aren't them and you haven't felt what they feel, but when you put yourself there, or even near by, you can't help feeling bad. That's what it is, because dreams aren't real most of the times.

I changed my profile picture for like the first time in forever, I swear people didn't recognize me unless they knew me in like 4th grade with that picture. And you want to know what creepy Peter commented-I approve this message. Followed by Korola saying-Stop being creepy.And me saying-Go talk some where else. No I actually said- Thanks :). Like I'm suppose to.

I also got a new curling iron, I know call the presses and babysat for the two boys I usually babysit for. There really warming up to me and I think that's great. Though as it got darker I said 'lets set up camp' meaning lets put down blankets and pillows and watch a movie. But I guess they took it literally and as I was leaving their father was taking out the tent, giving me the mad eye. I felt bad, but that passed.

Super fast weekend. I feel like I got nothing done.

Is my life boring? Um yes. Why are you here? Oh that's right you aren't...
See this is what I mean, I need help.

0 comments: