Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Friday, January 28, 2011

January 26 and 27, 2011

Do you play games with subs?
Oh wait. Who doesn't?

Now there are amateur jokes and then there are pro's. The only two pros I've had the chance to talk to and be in class with were these two 8th grade boys in adv. orchestra when I was in 6th. Somehow every time we had a music-stupid substitute they got all of us to switch instruments. I was in 1st, so they were generally left out because Ms.Heels would put our names down as helpers. But everyone else would switch and just screw around all hour, trying to play a cello when they were a viola. Violins playing basses. Greatest never gets old joke ever.

But those were the good old days and now you have to resort to pretending to be your friends for the hour. I would say 'here' for Bernie and vice versa. But it's always funny. When you turn in something and it has your real name on it and they get all confused. Anything big wouldn't work anyway, not with the prude 6th graders we have in orchestra this year.
Eeee sits by Stace and Stace is a sweet girl, she asked,'Oh hey! Your my new stand partner! Whats your name?' And then "   . "

It wasn't even that she rolled her eyes like the other 6th grader, Tracy, she just looked at her like, well, like a deaf mute. Completely blank. At first I thought it rude and then I realized if my name was Eeeee I wouldn't tell people either.

It's funny how once you realize who someone is you suddenly see them in everything. Bonnie Hunt won't go away!

Yesterday Jordan, Issy's boyfriend, texted me. Bold him. Regular me.
Are you sure your ok with me? I still get the feeling you don't like me..
Are you serious? of course I'm okay with you. your my best friend's boyfriend!
Eer just cuz im your bestfriends boyfriend doesn't mean anything :/ 
i like you i just don't know you so I cant talk to you
You positive? And you know you can talk to me if you ever want to?
Don't be afraid to talk to me I don't bite :)
about what! your so distant
Okay I guess your busy...peace
 I'm not busy!
Dude relax
Don't call me dude...

And so on! But I was in math tutoring when we were having this conversation and I wouldn't reply until i had a chance so he said good bye to me, like above, about 10 times. As if when I didn't respond fast enough I was saying I don't want to talk to you. I used to get mad when Isadora would blow me off to respond, and now I know! He is insecure!  
 
Apparently he was fat or something with a bowl haircut and now he's dark and hood up and a rebel.

We started The Old Man and the Sea. Or as my teacher kept saying the Old sea and the Man. As of page one I think this guy needs a new hobby, come on man, come to terms with the fact that you can't fish. Take up scrap booking or noodle jewelry. And that's just page one.

 Had the concert today. It was supposed to showcase the best of my school. So most of school wasn't there.

The only good part was waiting behind the curtain, us going on first, for 45 minutes with only a pink stage light on. It was just fun. Me and Tim and my newish friend, Tonie, all talked. I was unaware of the fact that Tonie and Tim had gone out last year. Apparently they had broken up because Tonie's friends didn't like Tim and kept messing with them. pranks and teasing and stuff, and Tim had a enough.
She said she was really heart broken after he broke up with her. And then she leaned in close and told me she was still heart broken.
Later he told her he hated her, he's a joker, but she leaned in again and made a breaking heart with her fingers. But the romantic comedy bit was that as she was making signs to me he was mouthing I love her to me as well.

Is this what I have become? Feeding of others drama? God it's pathetic. But not as pathetic and Specs taking notes during a 20 minutes after school special video in health when we weren't instructed to or Hannie singing Mary had  Little lamb when she washes her hand. Yes, that makes me feel better.

Sorry for the weird posting this week. Everything was hectic, the concert. The Macbeth essay. My bad.

Until whenever!
Coming soon- my audition play by play

0 comments: