Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November 29, 2010

Hally's comet is going to come back in the year 2061. I will be 64. That's crazy. Like when your thinking about being dead. That scares me, and I know I'm not supposed to fear death. But my family isn't religious and I really wish we were sometimes. I can't wrap my brain around the fact that someday I won't exist anymore and no one will care. That's scary, forget fear. I'm not scared of fear.

Bernie was saying something really weird, probably about the gang that lives on her street and so Korola looks at me and says,'White people!' To which I replied,'I'm so glad I'm black,' Which we all know is not so, I'm one of the whitest people at my school. In fact I was walking in late to lunch today and Mr.Carlos the hall monitor stopped me and asked me if I went to this school! What? I've only gone here for 3 years! Lola, who is most defiantly African American, told me that the only think black about me is my eyeliner. :(

I turned back around and found Bernie eating a Snickers bar. I asked her where she got it and she told me she saw it in her backpack. I told her that might as well be the floor. Her bag is nasty. And she said. No. It's worse. That's so nasty, I love chocolate, but still!

Geo was really slow today. Usually it flies by because lunch is in the middle. But I'm not sure if I like my teacher anymore. She like actually tells me off. Granted she is right, but still you just don't call me out. And I can be pretty snotty, but I'm not Katrina (go check out What's wrong with Katrina? on You Tube if you have no idea what I'm talking about---promo.) I don't even know if she likes me.

But anyway I was wearing this new sweater I got on sale at Old Navy and when we came into class the perverted, sweater vest wearing, popular boy who sits across from me told me that a little girl cried when she saw my sweater. Now, you have to realize this is just his way. It can't be helped, so I did what I was supposed to and pretended to be sad. He pretended to feel bad and then he stood up and said look at O's amazing sweater, it has a peace sign in a heart!

So embarrassing, half the kids in that class don't know who I am. Or they do because they know I will always lend them a pencil. Sorry, excuse me. I have to go cry now.

I finished I am the Messenger. It didn't really end like I thought it would. I liked the ending, definitely a message there. But it got kind of confusing. But then again, not really. All good endings are slightly confusing. They don't let your mind wander to far, but they don't put up walls. Which is why I hate epilogues and open endings. If I didn't want to know how the novel ends I wouldn't have read it cover to cover. Like at the end of Harry Potter where its Harry's little boy getting on the train. Pretty Women had a perfect ending. She fell in love, got the guy and he came and got her like her fantasies. You didn't see them in their new condo and you didn't see him going to go climb up her fire escape.

It was kinda inspirational though, it makes me want to write something amazing. Markus Zusak is my inspiration..........

I'm so bored right now.

It was so cold today we got to play dodge ball. It appears that I don't understand the game because when I see one of those balls coming at me, even slowly, I panic and my feet get stuck. It's like I can't look away or move. And then once it has hit me I look all around to see if anyone saw the patheticness. But no one cares.

One more thing, Specs missed lunch today because she was crying to Mr.Mac about all her problems. Me and Isadora were totally worried because we didn't know where she was. We thought she was killed or raped or something. I called and texted her and then I saw her back in fourth and she cried to me too.
Apparently she's done with this school and with her parents. I don't really understand why but I'll try to find out. I was kinda bummed she didn't invite me to this therapy session, I'm like Dr.Phylis, baby.

To tired to write..............................zzzzzzzzzzzzz where did the Z come from?

0 comments: