Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, November 8, 2010

November 8, 2010

What do an elephant and a grape have in common?
Simultaneous what?
They are both purple, except for the elephant.

So the extremely popular Disney show, Hannah Montana, ended last night. She pulled off her wig, her dad pulled off his creeper mustache and Leno acted surprised. Very touching. Only it actually was. I mean I remember watching the very first episode and then making my parent watch it when it came on again right after. I mean it was there, and now a new show is on. In fact it premiered right after the final finale of HM. Rather sad actually. Lizzie McGuire. Hannah Montana. Shake it Up. And in 3 or 4 years those two girls on Shake it Up will be on their own finale, followed by 2, 13 year olds. Its all very sad in a Disney channel way.

Lets go to math. unit 5 test today. I didn't finish, just in case you cared. But the thing that always scares me is the page flipping. I try to turn my pages very quietly, so no one will know or have some idea of how much I have finished. but everyone else loves to wave the pages around, making the paper crinkle and such. And the worst thing, the very first turn. You started question 2 and someone is already on page 2. Its intimidating. They should make tests out of one really long paper, so no one has to flip.

Oh God! The sickest thing happened in orchestra today. This girl, the vice president of NJHS (or actually now the president since Ariel quit, how long did that take?) started walking over to the trash by the door and Ms.Heels called her out. "Hey, Raven what are you doing?" I have to spit something out, she said."What are you eating? Whats in your mouth?" And the guts of this girl she replied honestly, mucus. Mucus, not bubblegum or candy as Ms.Heels had been expecting, prepared for. Mucus. The class shuddered together, all 60 of us. Then gagged, then giggles. Not at Raven, at the teachers face.

Tom told me a joke today. turns out he is in just about everyone of my classes. I keep pointing out that he is, too. Like hey your in this class? Next day, same class. Hey look he's in this class!? He wasn't actually telling a joke, so much as responding to this girl. She started to sing "To the left to the left." Then a boy said,"Hey why does Beyonce or whoever sings that?" And you know what Tom said? "Because black people have no rights. It was simple. And it took everyone time to get it because he wasn't laughing, really. Just smirking like he knew it would take them a few seconds to catch on.

Specs was killing me in Geo, making me want to kill her. Hey you wanna know what I want to get you? A giant teddy bear. I went zip lining. We should go zip lining. For your birthday? For Isadora's birthday?

So after Ryan and Phylis broke up in the cafe (Look what the admin has done to me! Cafe, as though that makes it a more friendly place! Next thing you know I'm going to be making sailing analogy's.) Well for the next few days we kinda watched her and her icky friends. She started talking to this 7th grader Ive known since 2nd, him in 1st. So me, Isadora, and Hilary made a bet. We would exchange quarters when they started to go out. But only state quarters. See we all agreed so its not really a bet. I said it first, 'Who wants to bet they end up going out?' But the other two are taking the credit now, I told you so's are flying.

Phylis may be slightly ticked that we made a bet on her love life, but whatever I get a state quarter out of it.

Lunch was hysterical. That may have something to do with the fact that Hilary, Ms.Class President, wasn't sitting with us, but I will put that aside. First we made the pile and we saw a pudding. It was Specs and you wont believe what the brand name was. PUDDING. That was it. Like we know what it is, are they that uncreative. Its worse then Kroger, man. Would you eat pudding that was called pudding?...

Last year around Christmas me and Isadora had what my mom calls a falling out. We didn't fight, we just stopped talking. She was being mean to me and personally I think she has learned from it. We didn't do gifts, at all. So today during lunch she turned to me and said,"Are we doing Christmas this year?" I said of course so we started talking about it when Richard, this butt we have known forever, said exactly what he said last year at x-mas. "Everyone else gets gifts, Richard gets cards." It was so funny, I mean when is third person unfunny. But then Isadora tried to think of what she got him, "No, I got you a... oh wait it was a card."

Someone had these chocolate cracker things at lunch and everyone was joking about how that was a totally oxymoron (like the cheerleaders) blackcrakers. Is that one? my nickname is CrackerMonster but not because I'm white, its because things get messy when I eat crackers. I love me some Kashi.

I think I failed at being nice, but I did tease Issy with the surprise. It was really funny watching her get confused. I mean she never gets confused, that's just not who she is. Or at least it doesn't show. That always confident in public person, that's her.

"I think they named that stuffed monkey Peggy."
"I hate that name, it makes me thing of pigs."
"Peggy the Pig"

"Kristen's mom is named Peggy."
"I know."

We started bowling in Gym. It was dull. I mean I don't think I even broke a sweat. Though we had to start off by doing these leg lift things where you kick your knee up towards your face, while running. It looked really dangerous. Like running with scissors (do you run with them down, so they hit your foot? Up, so they hit your face? Sideways, so you hit the person next to you? Sideways, most definitely.) It was rather embarrassing more so then the butt kickers that came after it. Specs looked like a horse on steroids. As mean as that is, she flips out. Walks with a kick and twitches. Even when we aren't in PE.

I was proud of myself today for not wearing that much mascara, or not as much as usual. And while I was waiting for my turn, I showed Katlyn."I'm such a mascara junkie, its my drug, no joke."
Her-"Oh, I sorry!" She always does that fake sympathy crap even when your joking.
Me-"No worries, Kesha will write a song about it and everything will be okay."

I started messing around with Hannie whenever I would hand her the cracked bowling ball. Pretending to drop it and stuff. Horsing around really. And then she started to do it too! When she first pretended to throw it at me we both looked at each other with this, Omg, did she/I just do that, look and then she started to have fun with it. I was like, woah, wow, yay, no, crap, all at the same time. I think I'm in a lot more danger now.

At the beginning of the year, remember that far back, the band was learning how to play the notes. We could here them from math class, everyday. They have started to learning a song, I think.I don't recognize though it sounds a touch like America the Beautiful. So not much improvement, but some. They are a little more and a little less bearable. If the makes sense.

Jealousy is a nasty beast. It really is. You should have seen Specs when she found out that Ariel and Katlyn went to the drive in this weekend. You could tell she was angry because she kept asking these questions, when did you go? What did you see? You know her aunt, I know her aunt? Oh you love her aunt?

I don't care that old friends of mine have new friends. Apparently she does, but what does she expect. The popular girl goes to the drive in and we do math homework. That's how middle works. That's how it should be. God, how would it be if it wasn't that way? Too complicated and nice.

Nighty night! I love you!
Id say no homo, but that's not who I am. So here you go..
I love you. Totally homo.

0 comments: