Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, November 4, 2010

November 4, 2010

I'm going to try and make tonight's short because honestly IMO not feeling that good. Its not sick, or even the normal tired. Its different, everyone is different. I get mine mostly after I read or watch or see something depressing.

Today was actually really funny, only because Specs had this terrible pain in her stomach. And I know what your thinking but no. I am not evil and like to see her in pain. She described it as a band of pain around her middle that really kicks in when she coughs or sneezes or laughs. Especially when she laughs. So all today I was extra funny, not trying to be mean, but to kinda mess with her. It didn't start out that way, its just when someone laughs at your jokes, you want them to laugh more. Right? Its like impressing people, you do it once and suddenly its all you want to do, because it feels good. Right?

Anyway, in PE the sub made us run along the fence in a straight line. As I was jogging I mentioned that this was sorta like prison. Wouldn't they do that in prison? I looked back and Specs was kinda balled over, face bright red, laughing and wincing.

And this happened all day. Look back. wince,laugh. Look back, wince laugh.

Math was really funny today we got into the room and we had all new work groups, I was now sitting with Specs and that funny boy I told you about who's name I don't remember. We had a warm up on the board and we all started working on it, looking at the tips on the other board. The teacher wanted us to change all the fractions to whole numbers which is really easy if you do a whole bunch of stuff you can find on another blog.

She wrote the LCM on the board for the numbers 3, 4, and 14. Saying it was 21. Now me being who I am I didn't want to argue and neither did anyone else so we do the problem, we all get -6/21 and she yells at us for taking so long and such. She then gets up in front of the room tries to do and says 'Oops, I messed up. Now I'm mad at myself.' In the most even tone. Half the class murmured so are we. And the funny boy just out right said 'She confused the f**k out of everyone.'

I'm glad I sit by him, I feel like someday he's going to cure cancer with the help of Peter Griffin, the boy I told you about.

I love it when teachers say 'Thats a good question.' And I love it because its a stalling method. It is a good question, one they don't know the answer too. I love it when teachers don't know something. Its like when we see them out of school. It sorta ruins the whole knows everything, doesn't have a life thing we have set up in our minds.

Laugh, wince.

You know those lines teachers say? All of them do it, doesn't matter the subject, doesn't matter the grade. Its like its in some Teacher Guide to Making Yourself Sound like a Teacher manual. One of my favorites is used when they want you to be extra descriptive. "Now imagine your telling this to Martians that just landed on Earth, they know nothing about it."

Ryan pretty much ruined the line for me by saying,"And they speak English?" How will I ever be able to laugh now, when a teacher says this, when I'm to busy laughing at that. Geez, always going around foiling things.

He was also funny later because we were putting our arms together and I looked really (if I said hecka, I would say it right now) yellow next to them. So then Ryan showed us his farmers tan. He didn't say it was gross or anything, just 'creepy'

I have to go to the student of the month lunch tomorrow. Its during first lunch in the library, so I have to miss class. I wanted to say this, but I knew how the conversation would play out already. Do I have to go. You don't want to? No its just that I would be missing class. Shouldn't you be happy about that. I'm the student of the month, of course not.

Laugh, wince.

The same women who gave me, Ryan and Hannie our invites was the one last year at the student of the month breakfast. They got McDonald's (Mcribs are back!) sausage patties, which I couldn't eat, being a vegetarian. So I went and got my pencil and headed to the table to sit down, when she started to yell at me. You aren't going to eat? Come and get one? Now, get some food! Um, no thanks. I'm a vegetarian there isn't anything for me. That got her.

I have been student of the month once a year since 6th. At least its a lunch, so it will be cheese pizza, crappy yes, but cheese. My geography teacher nominated me, the one who thinks I'm crazy. I'm glad she thinks I need this to stay sane or whatever.

Laugh, wince.

Oh! I just realized I'm going to be taking pictures tomorrow for this. Eep, must leave you now to shower.

Before I go, I started the next book club book 13 Reasons Why, by Jay Asher. Specs pick. Its crummy so far, and depressing, and weak. Yeah weak.

0Oo

0 comments: