Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

November 30, 2010

It is almost December.
It is almost June.
It is almost Christmas.
It is almost Fourth of July.
It is almost Thanksgiving.

You know Pauly D from the Jersey Shore? I have only seen one episode, but I know who he is and I know his hair. Well I suppose this look is in with a certain crowd (one I tend not to interact with) and this boy in my Chamber class is one of them. He's really funny, but when asked why he is in orchestra you can't say anything but, what else would he do, art? This is what his hair looks like only longer...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQDma1E9GoM
So this boy comes in and asks everyone if they have hairspray. I push up my imaginary glasses, snort and say, 'Of course I do.' I'm fricken Marry Poppins. Anyway I give it to him, but to make sure he doesn't waste it I stand in the lock-less door of the bathroom and watch him spray and comb out his blow out. Then the whole small class of 20 comes over and watches too. Hilarious.

Then we all started to talk about whether boys should wear make up or not. And then about the meal and Thanksgiving. Apparently Ms.Heels went to this giant house where two gay guys live. I was like, fun! She spent last year in Arby's so this is a major step. Then from that we talked about Christmas, she wants an ipad, but doesn't want to pay. She's so lazy. We don't do fund raising because there's paper work for her and if she can help it she stays at her desk all period. She's probably happy that tomorrow the schedule is changed so that the first 20 minutes of class are for something that doesn't involve her teaching.

See my school failed this thing called AYP. My teachers kept saying that that stands for Annual Yearly Progress, annual yearly? No wonder we are failing.(It actually stands for Adequate Yearly Progress) and we fayul. Only slightly, by a mentally challenged boy or something, but we still failed. And that's serious, or at least it is to the admin. Their jobs are at high risk. Tight-rope-walking-with-wine-glasses-in-one-hand-and-a-time-bomb-in-the-other at risk. So everyone of my teachers told us what was happening from all sorts of sides. the hate and love for this program in which we have to have folders for each of our classes marking progress.
The Principal (who? the foreign exchange student) was on the crappy news and was threatening. She didn't even end with 'make it a great day or not the choice is yours' she finished by saying,'You will be held accountable.'

That makes me want to be good in school, but for all the wrong reasons. You honestly think scaring us will get better work. And the punishments are wack. You have a high tardy rate, RPC, which means you can't come to school for 3 days. Way to make sure we're there. You fail tests, you take more tests, cutting down learning time. And worst you wear your PE shorts as pants you get dress coded and have to wear the pants they give you, which are PE shorts!

I have come to the conclusion that having a normal Christmas tree will not make my family normal as my sister wishes. It will not make us a Hallmark card with a cream sectional and hidden refrigerator. It just won't.

My X-mas list
A poster of the world
A hat with ear flaps
The novel, What Eating Gilbert's Grape
Curling Iron 1 1/4 inch
White and red push pins and string
Polaroid Camera

My mom thinks I'm crazy. Something about my imaginary friends, rituals and fear of feet. I'm waiting to be sent to a therapist. But the money's probably going to my little sister. I should break my leg. I think they did that in a That's So Raven episode. See life mimics art. Not the other way around.

And the stage is the world. Point proven.

0 comments: