Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

October 26, 2010

The day started off cold, or at least everyone else thought it was cold. I stay in my moms truck until 7:55, when the morning bell is only 30 seconds away. I cross the street and walk into the school. Usually I'm only a few yards in when the bell rings signaling the start of another day for all the magnet kids. I swear 5 or 6 kids walked into English, looked at my short sleeved sweater over my polo, and asked me 'Like why aren't you cold!'

Bernie came in and told me she looked it up and the Texas Chainsaw Massacre didn't really happen. She was so disappointed which I still don't fully understand. Its not like she just found out Santa and the tooth fairy aren't real. She found out a creepy faced man didn't kill people. By the way, I'm not sure about the whole tooth fairy thing, I swear she is real.

So on the topic of movies I told her I watched Shaw Shank Redemption. Then she told me she watched some movie called 23. She was all excited about how everything equaled 23. She wrote down 9/11/02 and was like see O it 's sum is 23! She continued to rack her brain for the date the Titanic sank to prove the point further, but I was busy questioning both her history and her math skills.

Science was really funny today, even thought we were all laughing over the same joke, over and over again. Because my whole science class and some of the other 2 during 6th hour passed our quarter exam we got to cram into one science room and do a special activity. They call it a lab, but its an activity. We got piping and string and tape and golf balls. The golf balls all had a patch of color sloppily colored on and each table got all one color. Then you put them in the square end of pipe, representing the medium and some one shook the square. The balls went flying and everyone else had to try and conned the balls to the tape to the string while it was moving. It was very scientific.

Before we even got any of the supplies the teacher was demonstrating how we were to do it. "Okay so you have the rack and the string and lets get this over with...the balls." To which everyone screamed laughing. The annoying girl, Bella, then stopped everyone and explained to the teacher that to get rid of all the immature behavior he could use the word, sphere. The teacher simply held up one of the balls colored blue and said, "Blue Spheres? Now where's the ring in that?"

I do not understand why so many people hate him.

The rest of the period continued this way...
"There's balls in my lap!"
"My balls are heavy!"
"We should have 3 balls"
"No, we should have 2."
"I have 4!"

Yes it was all good fun until the tape he gave us was caught in one of the cheerleaders hair and suddenly everyone wanted to be pulling their hair out and hurting themselves with the tape, too!

The cheerleader Lauren, not pronounced Lauren, no its pronounced Lauran, was sitting at my table and I noticed something about her. That's what I do, don't be surprised, I'm a creeper and you know it! She talks with her head. Not with her hands, her head. Its funny really she makes sound affects too. Like rock star head bang, sound affect with it- buuuash! Shes really loud and like the only Mexican on the squad. I admire her. Yes.

My old history teacher bailed. I reminded him when school let out that I would be back to grade papers and sweep his floor and he said okay. And then I showed up, his lights were on and his car was still here, but the door was locked. I called him from the geography room, where the NJHS meeting was held, and on try 5 he picked up saying 'Oh I was in the theater. I forgot. Reschedule?"

So I told him I would come by his room tomorrow until Mr.Mac comes back from dropping off another teacher at the airport. Its all very confusing.

Late bus today and tomorrow. Wish me luck?



I should have my own Disney show. Hi I'm O from the 8th Grade observer and your watching Disney channel. And then I would try and do something stupid like eat that glow stick that makes a perfect Mickey ears.

0 comments: