Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, October 18, 2010

October 18, 2010

Lunch room 11:20

Isadora is missing, she's probably sitting with Jordan for the moment, though her backpack is in its normal space, they don't ever eat at his table, so she feels awkward with her daily feasts. I start to reach into her backpack for her water, I looked back to see if she was still on the other side of the cafe (the poorly lighted side, where the 'cool' kids sit.) As I was looking back I saw her looking at me half way across the cafeteria, looking at me, like why are you in my backpack. My hand was unzipping it and she looked shocked and then we both burst into laughter, from different sides of the room, I'm sure it looked funny, considering that no one else could tell what we were laughing at.

When she got over to the table she started piling all the food on the it. See that's what we do, everyone, or really me, her, Tia, and Specs put our food in the middle of the table and then we all share. I like the system personally. Not that I bring anything other then raw almonds and a mozzarella , tomato samich. I'm more of a taker then a giver, when it comes to this.

Isadora has these cookies. the white Oreo's (who even likes those?) and she starts doing this thing with her hand, this waving thing directed at someone or something. This means she is going to say something really important...to her. "Oh! You won't believe this so my sister pulls out a cookie, sticks half of it in the milk and then puts it back in the container! What! So then my mom, in the morning, put it in my lunch! Who picks up a half mushy cookie and puts it in a lunch? My mom, that's who!"

It was an eventful lunch, in the middle this boy, Tom, comes over to our table. Wait I have to give you the whole story.....

So there's this boy, Peter (he is just like Peter Griffin, only he is a genius!) and he's really smart, though he doesn't do his homework, he is apparently bi because he is supposed to like this other super genius Albert. So Jordan told Isadora that he liked me, and then a bunch of people kept coming up to me telling me 'Peter likes you!' One of those people was this really funny violin player, Victor (he once went up to Ms.Heels and told her that his G string was loose.) I told him that no I didn't like him back and that he had never even talked to me, how can you have a crush on someone you don't even know. I suppose its a compliment really, because most people don't like me till they find out I have an okay personality. Who am I kidding? I'm awesome, with out me its just aweso.

Victor told me I must be like his Justin Beiber and that he only knew that he liked me because Peter posted it on My Space, but I don't believe him.  This kid walks up to me today at lunch, Tom, and says something along the lines of, "Hey are you O?"

Me- "Yeah, I am"
Tom- "So you know Peter likes you? Will you go out with him?"
Me- "Wait did he send you over here?"
Tom- "Yeah, yes or no?"
Me- "No"

That's the second time I have ever been asked out. The first time was in the 6th grade, It was this bushy haired 8th grader, and it was totally a dare from his friends. I was so shocked I just said, "WHAT?" Really loud. Then he was like, "If that's how you wanna be?" So yeah number one was a dare, number two was fourth grade style. I am on a roll.

Math test scores-
Unit 1- 95%
Unit 2- 95%
Unit 3- 100%
Unit 4- not sure yet, but I think its gonna be terrible! I finished it today, but I don't think I did well!

So yeah, I'm proud of myself. I'm the only one though. I'm an straight A student, have been all my years of schooling. A have a frickin golden apple. So people just expect it now. I don't get money or a place on the refrigerator, not even a pat on the back. :(

We have to do this essay in English, for the quarter exam, well half of the quarter exam. Its on a really boring topic, why are violent video games bad for children. But to be honest its pretty hard for me, I don't play video games. When I was having random people read my constructive responses and telling me which was better, Shane said that one of them was annoying, clearly I picked the other one to turn in. And I learned he was mean. Not really to me, but everyone. He just is. Even if he is funny (Do you see what the rain is doing to my hair? That's why I look like this.)

You know what I hate? People who think they are worthy of a one name thing. Like Madonna, Fergie, Lindsey, Miley, Brittany, Michael.

I just realized how fast things go by. Miley Cyrus pole dancing at the teen choice awards last year, Michael Jackson dieing, and soon Lindsay Lohan getting arrested.

I'm trying to hold on to that beginning of the year feeling, its starting to wear off though.

So we were learning's about the USA and Canada today in World Geo. We made this flip book sorta thing. The first page was population and I found out that the infant mortality rate is 6 to 1000. My teacher said that this was really good compared to other country's. She said there were country's that wouldn't let women go to school and forbid them from showing there private parts to a male who wasn't their husband, so if they had trouble there was no one to turn to. That made me sad.

Then I found out there are 1.2 million HIV positive people in the USA and a whole bunch of us all together. "Thank you teen mothers"- some kid next to me with naturally bleach blond hair.

In PE we had to answer all these questions and the best player, a girl named Raven, kept answering. "Says the black girl"- Raven

You know what I need? A theme song for everything I do. Yeah, that's all. I'm walking and its like duh- da -duh- da.

I could  get into that.

The morning bus didn't show, apparently it only went to the first stop. My little sister, 9, was home alone and she was only supposed to be there for 5 minutes while the bus picked me up, but it was really late, the time when she is supposed to be getting up. My mom left me on the curb and went home. But when she went everyone else went to and it was just me, this girl who walked and this boy who went to high school with her in his dads car. I got a ride with them and thankfully they dropped me off first at the middle school, so I wouldn't have to be alone with his only Spanish speaking dad. It was scary, no one talked.

Later I fond out that Jordan asked Isadora where I was and she replied in her moms car talking like every morning. And then he said, but she's right there. So yeah everything was messed up.

I'm reading the Hate List for book club, Bernie's pick...ugh. Its all about a school shooting and what not. Depressing and the author uses the word 'grip' every four paragraphs. So I need to go enjoy it! PBPBPB (hump back, chesty fat women, hump back, chesty fat women)

0 comments: