Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Sunday, October 24, 2010

October 22, 23, 24 2010

Today's my sisters 10th birthday! I know, I know. 10 is pretty big, it's double digits. It's all that junk. I congratulated her on staying alive for another 365 days and to keep that up. The day was actually really bad. Like there was crying and whining and arguing, and it wasn't even the 'its my birthday so Ill cry if I want to' kind of crying it was snot crying.

And just like weddings, birthdays make us think of ourselves.  So I thought of my own up coming birthday (14) and my previous birthday. Which was also a big one, becoming a teen. We went to this fancy restaurant and I wore this pretty dress. Lola and Isadora came and it was really nice. We took a ton of pictures, so that someday i could remember all the wonderfulness and that, but my mom deleted every last one. So now the wonderfulness is forever gone...

I got my sister a delicate, sterling silver four leaf clover necklace. She wanted a locket, but we couldn't find a nice one.

And now back to me. I think I'm getting sick. My throat is hurting really bad, where at first it feels like your parched and then you drink and it doesn't go away, only gets worse. Actually I know I'm getting sick, because this is how my last 2 or 3 colds started.

I worked on my costume most of today. I'm going to be a flapper form the 1920s like I told you. I make all of my costumes so I strung a really long pearl necklace and we bought a black dress, which today we covered with black fringe. It was frustrating more than hard, and definitely time consuming. First you have to pin the fringe to the dress, then stitch it on, then glue and stitch the ends. It looks really cool, but we're going to have to wrap my boobs or something because the dress has a lot of trouble going over them and my hips. I'm more round then most 8th graders, like I have really big hips. But it kind of works out because the girls in the 20's wrapped their breasts too. They wore there dresses long and shapeless too, in hopes to look like a 15 year old boy or something. I don't really know. You don't get much info from history class and the movie Chicago and the Great Gatsby.

I get one of my greatest pleasures in correcting teachers and this is going to sound bad but making substitutes feel bad (Its so mean-mom.) I got to correct both my math teacher and my orchestra teacher last week.

See in math I kept doing this equation and getting the same answer, but we were in these work groups where everyone was assigned 5 test questions and then we went through the test and at the end everyone knew every question (only my teacher forgot to assign anyone number 19.) They kept telling me the answer was .5 but I thought it was 2.2. I argued with my teacher sorta like me-2.2, her-.5, me-2.2. And short story long I was right.

Then in orchestra we were working out of these crap books we had to pay for. We were in the middle of some piece called Classical Bash. We got to a really dumb down, only quarter and half notes version of Eine kleine Nachtmusik. I love the piece and had already played the 'smart' version. So when my teacher said this I couldn't just sit there. It wasn't like I was Hannie, who once told a teacher that they were pronouncing viola wrong. Its not viola, veola. 

Ms.Heels- Classical Bash is a mix of some of Bach's best works.
Me- Isn't Eine Kleine Mozart?
Ms. Heels- Oh, well yes that's right, I suppose, yes its not Bach's.

Only a touch awkward.

And with the whole Sub thing it goes kinda like this-
Me- Miss..um whats your name? oh Miss H...I don't really understand my work. Can you help me?
Ms.H- Um let me see...no I'm sorry I cant help you.
Me- Oh..um okay.

And then you watch, because their face says it all.

So this boy Ive know since 1st, Ryan came to my school this year. I don't know if you already know this so yeah. He started out by asking Isadora on a date, no. Then he got together with Phylis. Their both short so it worked. They were dating up until a few days ago when Phylis turned on him, like she does everyone! He posted some things on Facebook, words that-we-will-say-we-are-going-to-regret-but-the-truth-is-we-are-in-8th-grade-so-we-won't-remember-them were said. And then lunch on Friday came along. You know all the good stuff happens at lunch, I know all the good stuff happens at lunch and well know everyone else knows the good stuff happens at lunch.

Ryan decided to sit at our table today, shocker and all of Phylis's friends were being rude, yelling over things. My favorite was "Be a man! What? You can't sit over here?" then they would take a sip from their juice boxes. No joke.

Hannie sits over with those people too and you should have seen her. It was like a little kid was set loose from its leash that looks like a stuffed animal so it doesn't look as cruel, in a candy store. Only this kid had been living off spinach in the desert and was raised by non sugar eating wolves or something. She was so into this drama thing, you have no idea. I mean she usually hangs out with me and I never show emotion in school and drama stops a yard away from my nose (it extends that farthest of anything on my body, sans my boobs.) She was doing all the dirty work, relaying messages and eating all the sugar coated things she could find.

Isadora's coming home with me on Wednesday and then coming to school with me on Thursday. Her dads out of town, visiting home and her mom can't get her or something. Its gonna be fun. She will be here for my sister's party too, on Saturday.

We went to the Magnet High School fair this weekend. It was crazy, I got a brochure form every school. We are allowed to apply to three, but I only have two in mind. I cant seem to pick a third. The other two are focused on the arts or college prep. It seems that all the other magnet schools are career and technical academies, and that isn't what interests me. I'll keep you posted.

Oh! I started on this art project, just for me, not a class. I'm drawing a male form and a female form for each of my friends. And then I'm going to have a box that shows the bones like a real X-ray would and another X0 ray type box that has that friends favorite things in it. It should look cool, I will probably give it to them for Christmas. Ill post pictures if I can.

I also said I would put the T-shirt links, which I will do tomorrow, because I don't have a music lesson like usual.

Happy one week till Halloween!

0 comments: