Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

October 5, 2010

So many funny things happened today I just cant remember any of them.

I don't think you can describe what it's like to be surrounded by over 50 other kids in a gym while they all scream, 'up one, up two...' Of course different things go through each mind. Some are annoyed, some are angry, some don't care others thrive off of all the energy packed into the room. I however am thinking about how I would describe it to you.  How to portray all the different noises. The shrieks and whistles and thumps of feet and squeaks of shoes. How to tell you that the lights were so bright against the cloudy sky and how they seemed to flinch along with the rest of us, humming and counting our jumping jacks and leg lifts.

Everyone kept telling me today that I was so quiet. Maybe I was just having an off day considering it started with my mandarin orange Dole fruit cup popping in my bag and ruining some papers and my planner. I kept to my self today I suppose. And when your quiet you hear things that you don't usually hear.

You hear the popular girl Katlyn swearing like a sailor. Is that the right term? Sailor, do they swear a lot? She was in her little ballerina flats and those kind of pants, black gauchos that were popular when I was in 4th. I guess she's bringing them back. She uses her hands when she talks, a lot. Waving them around and get this she talks with her knees. She bounces and squats as she speaks to get a point across.

So I gave my speech today in NJHS. It was pretty crumby, yup crumby. But guess what? I won! I am the treasurer for the club and will be for the year. Only no one, excluding my parents, congratulated me. Why you ask with an innocent high pitched voice? I'll tell you why.

Specs was running against multiple people for president, including Ariel. Everyone kept telling her not to be sad if she didn't win. So hint hint everyone knew she had a very slim chance. And its not that she is bad or anything, she just isn't Ariel. She's awkward and nerdy, but she's confident something I have to respect. So she finds out she didn't win or even come in second and she starts to tear up. She is really fair skinned and she's turning bright red. Then she begins to do this weird cry and break down for a second then smile like it was nothing then cry then smile, all in a matter of seconds. I took her to the bathroom and then Mr.Mac's.

I explained to her that Ariel didn't have really good friends or a good home life and sometimes you just have to let her have this. I told her Ariel was popular and that's all. When we got back to the class the teacher took both of us and we went and sat in the quad. She's a mom so she was good at making Specs feel better. At one point though she told me that if she were my mom she wouldn't let me wear short shorts! Not that I was. She also told me I could pass for 16, which I do not believe because sometimes I lie and say I'm 11 so I can order from the kids menu at restaurants.

So no congrats for me but I do have to stay after school again tomorrow for an executive board meeting. I think it will be the first time I will ride the late bus and I'm really nervous.

Also students come in tomorrow for the 1st time in my special homeroom class. I was a tutor but now I'm the president sort of thing so I don't get a student to start with. Should be interesting.

All the admins came into the orchestra room today during chamber and took pictures of the back room and whispered and all that. The back room is where the aid works, but shes been missing for a while again. They took pictures and when we asked why Ms.Heels just said she wasn't suppose to tell us, but she got excited that they had. Something is defiantly up with the aid. Like drugs or something. Maybe?

Oh! I forgot! When we walked into Mr.Mac's room he asked if Specs was laughing or crying! Isn't that terrible? Oh it made it 10 times worse.

Almost the end of the quarter....

0 comments: