Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6, 2010

I am a fail. A massive Sharpie F should be placed on my forehead. I can not serve a volleyball. The teacher even pulled me over and made me aim at the wall for 'a little extra practice.' Everyone would move me to the spot right after the server's spot so I didn't have to serve for another half hour. "Hey you want to move over there now? I mean I know you don't like to serve..." Thanks you're all very kind.

And even before that while Specs was picking her team she didn't pick me till after all the good ones were picked. It was like that Hannah Montana episode where Miley was picked last. Spec's kept giving me this pitying look, like sorry you just suck. And then I realized why I recognized the look, I wear it all the time. Is that karma?

PE was actually interesting. The teacher made us sit down at the end of class and said something i thought was meaningful, probably not. "The truth is when your playing baseball and you only fail 60% of the time, and you succeed only 40%, less then half of the time you are considered amazing. When you play basketball and only fail half of the time your one of the greatest players." Deeper meaning other than just because your bad doesn't mean your really bad?

Bernie was gone today in English so I got work done. We had to do this stupid math activity in homeroom, I didn't understand at all. I was so completely lost. It was actually really sad making.

I was told today by someone that they wanted to become a cricket after they died. And then once the cricket died they wanted to become a bird, so that they could eat crickets. Yeah there is no moral to that story, it's just really odd.

So Mr.Mac bailed on book club. He has to meet with his Realtor, he brought a house in August. I went into his room after the bell and asked what snack he was bringing to book club. He just sort of looked at me almost angrily and annoyed. At first I thought it was because everyone kept asking him what he was bringing. Then he told me he had been texting his Realtor all day and they had to sign a ton of papers and he would have to miss. He said he felt bad and I understand he had no say, but still I was disappointed. Then we decided we would keep the dates the same so we aren't going to meet till the 21st. Also a lot of disappointment.

Late bus for the first time today. Definitely nerve racking. I stayed after for NJHS executive board where the teacher was giving us tasks, one of them being decorating this poster board. Executive board meet executive board. That's literally what she said to make us laugh.

I got on the bus after making another girl find it for me and told the guy my stop. He told me I was on the wrong bus to which I pulled out my green slip correcting him. He had never been to my stop before and this girl had to help him find it. I was one of the 3 middle schoolers on the bus and the girl behind me didn't know that definition of mutual and thought only small chap sticks were portable. What? They are all portable.

Must leave you early since I got home so late, like 5:30. Catch you up tomorrow.

0 comments: