Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19, 2010

I have to do a lot of exercises at the beginning of every PE class. Leg lifts. Jumping Jacks. Sit ups. Push ups. Arm circles, backwards and forwards. Stretches of all sorts, leg, arm, whatever else you can stretch. I was making my little sister try these while I finished dinner, starting with Jumping Jacks (is Jack the name of the idiot you invented these?) She couldn't even do 5, her legs were tired from ice skating or whatever excuse she made up (what I can't hear you, its to dark in here!) Then we tried arm circles, fail, leg lifts, almost succeed, push ups, definite fail. She leaned into me catching her breath and said you have bean on your chin! all happy that she didn't and I did. So I told her there was dignity all over the floor.

NJHS today. It was funny, really. Shane sat in front of this boy named DeShawn and they absolutely hate each other.

DeShawn- We could sell blankets, like home gifts for fundraising.
Shane- Or we could sell you
Ariel- We wouldn't get that much money
Someone faceless- We could do those things where like they sell people!
Ariel- You mean like slavery...!
DeShawn- She means like those things, like selling people for dates for fundraising
Teacher- Like a bachelor auction...no.

Ring tone-duh dah de de de your love is my drug
Shane- OOO that's me!.....Hello?
Everyone- ahahaha
Shane- Sorry I'm gonna have to call you back. I'm in a meeting
Now that was funny

DeShawn- You know what! It wasn't a question really We should sell corsages, for those people that forget at semi formal
Shane- Yeah I guess, but how would we keep them fresh, we would have to use fake
DeShawn- I ain't giving my date a fake flower
Shane- Oh! You have many dates?
DeShawn- More than you!
Shane- That's because I don't always lower my standards

Me, under my breath, I don't like to be heard at these things- We should sell lolly pops or candy rings and send them out like candy grams
Jim- Yeah, my favorite part of my day is getting my candy grams, I love those.
Me- Very funny
Jim- Lie of the day

I was sitting right in front of the teachers laptop, turned to a PowerPoint on Canada and the USA. A few minutes into the meeting it fell asleep, and it was set to the screen saver of bouncing bubbles. That was how most of my attention was used, staring at the bubbles.

Jim- Look they change color when they touch each other!
Me- Oh no, they're all trapped in one corner!
Some girl behind us- Look bubbles!

So I wasn't alone.

The same teacher is my World Geo teacher. As you already know, we are learning about Canada and the USA, at the moment. Today we were on the slide talking about religion. Everyone had questions.

Mine was what was Scientology. Which wasn't even on the power point. I just wanted to know.

Whats an agnostic- A person who believes in a higher power, but doesn't know which one exactly

Whats an atheist, is that the people who believe there is a god, but don't know the deats-  No, that's agnostic, atheists don't believe in anything.

Whats the one where the people don't believe in God?- Atheist!

The teacher was rather frustrated I think.

This girl next to me, Angelica, was asking me questions.
Her- Wait so atheists don't worship anything?
Me- No, that would defeat the purpose of being an atheist
Her- They don't go somewhere, like a church?
Me- No, again that would de-
Her- Hold on, they don't have a book?
Me- No.
Her- They don't have a book. Everyone has a book!
Me- Not atheists.
Her- Wait, they don't worship anything?
Me- ....

 The boys got scared of the office door opening in the breeze. It would creak open then slam shut. "Can we lock that please?"

Cardigan boy had Gold Fish (the snack that smiles back) and was teasing Specs with them. "You want one?"

Her- No
Him- What? You don't like seafood?

Oh and my math teacher doesn't know my name. Debbie, Georgina, Linda, Max, insert name here.

I also found out my Geo teacher was the only black kid at her elementary school. When she said this someone in the back sang, Everybody Haaates Chris!

575757 (A concentrated man and someone trying to bug him, concentrated man, buging guy)

0 comments: