Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010

Shirt Links (my favs)-

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/WELCOME-TO-THE-DARK-SIDEARE-YOU-SURPRISED-WE-LIED-ABOUT-THE-COOKIES-T-SHIRT-P11901.aspx

http://www.roadkilltshirts.com/I-TRIED-IT-AT-HOME-T-SHIRTWHITE-INK-P11777.aspx


 The rest won't copy! The Internets broken! But one said 'Your mom wears crocs' and the other had a guy in a hockey mask looking at a calendar disappointing that it said Friday the 12th.


Today was dull. See I do this thing where I make lists, 2 actually. One list is the things I need to get done before I go to bed. The other is kept in my pocket the entire day and as the day progresses I write down the things that happen. Its neurotic and other adjectives meaning the same, I know. But its what helps me get everything done.

So when I say today was dull, I mean the second list is empty. Not a thing happened today that is really worth remembering.

So I suppose Ill have to tell you about all the unmemorable things, that I seem to remember.

My geography teacher gave me a hug today. I have no idea where it came from. I was walking into class when I realized that I needed to ask her something. Before I could even speak, she reached across, I was going to say down, but we are the same height, and hugged me. She pulled me really, and my arms sorta hung at my sides, but it was no doubt a hug.

And my art project that isn't really an art project is coming along nicely. I started it with the intention of simply drawing a female form for my girlfriends and a male figure for my male friends, the 2 that actually exist. And this was still what I wanted when I drew my male figure, until I looked at it and realized I had 0 friends that buff. So I put it aside and started drawing Isadora. I have her body down, but her face is going to be hard and her hair is going to be harder. See she has the curliest hair you will ever see, cork screw curls if you will. They are tiny and thick. Not at all like you would imagine a cheerleader or a dancer.

Or at least that's not how I imagine them. I see blond hair, or long brown hair. I see pale skin or coca skin and I see straight hair. That's it. And in fact that's what most of them look like. Oh! Isadora was telling me about the caption of the cheer leading squads birthday party this weekend. Apparently Isadora told her mom to get an American Express card, so the captain could go shopping, for whatever she liked. Her mom came home with a Borders gift card. Of course Isadora was horrified, because "Mom! Cheerleaders don't read! Not all my friends read!" The last part is about me, see I would love a Borders gift card.

She says that, as sad as it is, all the stereotypes are true. Which I half believe, being in some classes with cheerleaders. I mean, they aren't as mean as you are told but they are pretty stuck up.

Staying after tomorrow, NJHS and then helping my old history teacher. He told me to watch Shaw Shank Redemption and because I am on the quest to becoming a movie guru (I don't even know what that word means, it just seemed to fit) I started it. Partly because I want to be the movie expert and partly because I want to have something to talk about. I guess Morgan Freeman's voice over is amazing or something?

Ill tell you about it once I finish, or not really about it, but my opinions. Because that's all I really care about.

I got a 43/45 on my science quarter exam, so that's good. When we got our report cards last week my teacher told me I was the only student with 100% so I don't think it hurt my grade, those 2 missed questions.

I have to call the high school I really want to go to and plan a shadow day. I guess its just a day where I follow a student around and see what the day would be like. I'm going to have to miss a day of my own school, which I do not like to do, but I'm willing for this. I don't even want to think about whats going to happen if I don't get into my 1st choice.

Speaking of high schools I also have to pick an audition piece for another school I'm applying too and I have forms to fill out and whatnot. To much stuff!

I have Friday off and Monday and Tuesday of next week so I'm pretty excited about that and Halloween. Though I have nowhere to wear my costume. When you think about it there was no point in even making it. My mom says I'm to old to trick or treat and I wasn't invited to any party's. And the annual school dance where you can wear your costumes isn't happening this year because my principle doesn't like kid's dressing up like devils or something. Something biased and religious. We are having a harvest dance instead. What kind of replacement is that! Harvest dance, who would even go to that.

I don't know how I'm going to write my blog while Isadora is here without her finding out about it so no promises I guess.

Good night. Sleep tight. Don't let the bed begs bite (really don't because it hurts so bad and you end up looking really nasty with red dots all over you. Trust me!)

0 comments: