Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

October 13, 2010

I bet you thought Specs kidnapped me? You did...

PrePost- We were sitting in orchestra and my stand partner who wasn't even sharing my stand said look Perry Platypus is on my socks. And I got really, really excited. "Really?" And then she said,"No, there just the same color as him," And I got really sad.

My math teacher has no idea how to talk to middle schoolers. You would think that after years of teaching she would understand what makes us giggle. She's that same one who told us that her and another teacher were "partners." Well today she told us that we should take advantage of her on Tuesdays. She gives math help and we need to take advantage of her!

It was a free dress day and you were encouraged to dress up as what you wanted to be when you grew up. I was lame and wore fake glasses and my Star Wars shirt and said that I was a script writer. I mean clearly I was a script writer, you don't see it? Bernie was a psychoanalysts. There was this one girl who wore a white t-shirt and the collar was covered with dripping blood. She said she wanted to be a serial killer when she grew up. Bernie was going to need to talk to her.

The sub in orchestra was really funny. She wore this old lady pant suit thing, in a brick color. She didn't want us to call her Ms., no she wanted us to call her Mrs. She had been married for 26 years. Lived in Dallas, oh and she only ever substituted for orchestra. The only funny thing she did was go over to the second violins and say,"Hey you wanna know a secret? A nice, wonderful secret? You'll be better if you practice!" It was so mean! She was like this small, wrinkled woman and she totally told them off!

And she kept saying things that would make a normal 8th grader laugh, just like my math teacher. Why don't they understand! So one of the cello's was choking she was laughing so hard at all the could be taken the wrong way things she said.

See my sister is really different from me. I freak out over school work, I like to get it don't when it needs to be done, no, before it needs to be done. She likes to wait till the last minute and she gets good grades but I would never be able to do that. You know what I considered today? Writing an essay on an athlete for PE, just in case I was ever absent (they make you write an essay when you miss class). I thought it would be nice not to have to do it! Then I thought what if I'm never absent?

Like that one time the teacher told me to spit out my gum. I didn't have any but I was too nervous to tell her I didn't, so I went over to the trash can and pretended to spit something out. 

 Korola was angry today. Her type of angry, which is barley at all mad. Its like she doesn't have enough emotions or something. Like there's a O bite and an Isadora bite. Isadora's is more then half of the thing your offering her and I nibble. So you must clarify what kind of bite or sip you want anyone to take, "Hold up, an O sip!" Really its a thing at our lunch table!

Anyway back to Korola, she was 'angry' because this girl comes in everyday and says to her, "What's you nombre, Korola?" She was angry over the fact that someone was asking her what her name was and then stating her name! I don't understand it, I would have laughed because stupid people are funny. Simple.

PE was hilarious! There is this girl, Mikaela, who goes to my school and is in my gym class. Everyone calls her Mikey and well to be honest I think she looks more like a boy than a girl. In fact most people refer to her as a guy and think she is one. Mikey isn't just one of those more manly girls, people honestly are confused.

So in gym we were split into boys and girls, which were then split into 2 groups of girls and 2 groups of boys. We rotated on one basketball court 1 boy team against 1 girl team. So Mikey was on our team. But she was totally tricking all of the guys, them thinking she was on theirs. "Pass it here Tim! Over here!" And then they would, again and again. And she would take it and get us a point. "Hey man that's the wrong hoo- oh!" And once one of them learned the others still had to, "Julian, here! I'm open!"
"No man don't- I'm out of this round. These idiots as team mates."

So I think we found our secret weapon.

To make up for my missed blog I will be giving you a play by play of the sleepover on Saturday at Hilary's house! Hope its funny..

One last thing- How do you see me? Because when I read novels and stories I always imagine the characters wrong. Do you see me as a blond? A red head? Brunette? Do I have acne or am I overweight? Am I pretty? I won't spoil it for you because I hate when authors get too descriptive and suddenly my perfect character image is ruined!

I hope I'm pretty.

0 comments: