Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Monday, October 11, 2010

October 11, 2010

In my 6th period the teacher was trying to think of the two kids she called tonsil boy and tonsil girl. "I have them both and I'm always having to tear them apart, geez whats their names? Tonsil boy and tonsil girl..." Someone yells "Lola and her boyfriend?" To which the teacher's little light bulb went off, "That's tonsil girl!" So great my friend is known as tonsil girl! See now I cant wait to see her and call her that...

Science was really just talking to be honest. At some point we actually discussed the homework assignment, to create are own electromagnetic spectrum and put a drawing or representation or our own classifications on the side. So like different nails and screws or animals. But she warned us to not use people because that could get offensive. But what about stick people some one asked? Well I guess no one can say "clearly that stick person is black!"

This boy at my table was trying to decide what animals he would use for his spectrum, he wanted to do smallest to largest. "The blue whale is the largest, but whats the smallest critter that we can see?" After a minute he decided this was a rabbit. Shane then turned to him in his usual unusually loud voice,"Have you seen Flemish Giant, man? Those things are huge, bigger then you!" And then proud of himself he turned and smiled at the teacher as if to say, see that fact there, yeah that was mine.

You know those friends that you are really close to in 5th grade and then maybe in 6th, but your moved across the classroom in the only period you have with them, you stop talking and texting and then you can't even remember how to pronounce their last name? Yeah you know. Well I have one of those and it wasn't like we fought or she changed or anything, we just stopped talking because we didn't have a class together. For the first time since 6th we have the same class, orchestra. She was walking through the aisles and I was reaching across it to get a nut from my friend. She seemed to think I was waving and said hello and looked really happy and surprised. It was nice, but then I didn't know what to do with my hand and the freshly acquired almond.

Pet Peeve of the Day- Painting your nails yellow. It looks like that colors just natural and its wrong. I want to take their hand and scrap off the paint. Only thing worse is painting your toe nails that icky teeth mixed with highlighter color.

Why are boob sizes a big deal? Why do we talk about them and compare them? Why do we giggle and whisper and point about them? And why do we compare them to fruit? Your a grapefruit. Look at those melons. Oranges! Why aren't we more original like...hey. She has some Jupiter's. Aw poor her, she got stuck with Pluto's. See that would be funny.

So remember how my mom butchered my bangs a few weeks back? My stand partner had some jacked up bangs today. I complimented her on the haircut as did all her friends, but you know it was a home hair cut. Or a beginner from a hair salon, but more likely a home hair cut. Don't ruin my fun.

Hannie had a massive pimple on the indent of the lips. It might have been a cold sore, but that doesn't matter because it was huge! She had her lips pressed so I didn't see it till after I drank from her water bottle. God I feel violated. Then she was like,"Is it noticeable?"
Me-"Is what noticeable- Oh God!"
Her- "The pimple?"
Me-"N-n-n-o, what pimple?"

Then I found out she was recently lactose intolerant. Just add it to the list of problems with her that she diagnoses her self. But her moms a nurse, so she knows what she's talking about, for real!

So the cheer squad is having a fundraiser thingy at the Cici's Pizza right near my house. Me and Isadora and my cousin are going. He flew in today to work for my mom for the week. He probably won't leave in one piece so I thought cheap pizza and cheerleaders would be a nice goodbye gift. Its going to be fun! Surrounded by happy cheerleaders but I get to show my cousin off because no one has met him, not even Isadora. He lives in Arizona.

The cheerleaders sell chocolate and they get most of their money from selling at school, the coach does too. They aren't suppose to but they do and you wont believe what the captain did. her names Kenzie (of course it is, because when she was born her parents practically preordered her pom-poms and homecoming queen dress to go with the name, too bad that's where she will peak, homecoming queen.) She told on everyone even the teacher, to the principle. And what was the lazy principal suppose to do except finish the dark almond she had half way finished and hide the crunch and caramel for later and stop the selling. But it hurts the whole team when they don't make money. So why she told is a mystery. Oh wait her names Kenzie what did you expect?

Ever noticed that Katherine Heigl movies all have to do with her relaxing and learning to have fun? Is that just me? It's like you wanna watch that Heigl movie were she learns to relax? Be more descriptive!

I'm trying to think of all the funny things that happened at Ren Fair and now I realize why I'm failing to think of any. Because other then the women hobbling along dragging her little girl nothing happened. And furthermore nothing happened because Bernie couldn't come. She makes everything so much more fun. So I will tell you a story from last year, when she did come...

Bernie- "He is so cute!"
Me- "I dare you to go say Hi!"
Lola- "I dare you to go say Hi and then I think your really cute!"
And Bernie being Bernie she went and did it-
Bernie- "Your really hot." Then she starts walking away which is when it gets freaky, the boy calls out, "Bernie!"
Me- "Wait you know him?"
Bernie- "No, I don't think so- oh hey that was mt 4th and 5th grade crush! He got even cuter!"

It was weird and funny and very Bernie. Like if we were on Disney someone would have yelled, "THAT'S SO BERNIE!" And theme music would start, duh duh du nu nu!

After this years festival I texted her -We missed you. Maybe you can go next year, if I still know you.

She yelled at me the next day for making her feel bad and not knowing me and high school and stuff. 

 
My mom is yelling at me for writing to much but before I go... who can't wait to see what happens when I call Lola Tonsil Girl and trip Bernie and then yell "THAT'S SO BERNIE!" I know I can't...

0 comments: