Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Febuary 1, 2011

My sister is playing her violin in the other room so I can't really hear myself typing. I can still hear myself think though, because you can do that no matter how loud it is. I hated it when teachers said they were unable to. Like when they would hold up their hands and pull their fingers down slowly signaling something. We didn't really shut up when the hand went up, more like we were awed by the stupidity of the gesture. But then they always thought it worked so it kept coming back. I prefer a much more direct solution, like 'shut up.'I find when I say shut up people respond better. It's like they wouldn't expect me to say it so they obey.

Isadora's mom came in today. She works for the school district, checking on cafeteria's around the county and making sure every things all good. She came down and sat across from me and Issy, neither of us was expecting her and we nearly had heart attacks. Doing a double take and wondering why a strange women had stopped in front of us, until we realized who it was.

She's really funny, Isadora's mom, she questioned Spec's pile of food (consisting of two different style fruit roll ups and two different brand's of powerade drink,) while I grabbed Isadora's uneaten breakfast sandwich, now cold, and hide it under the table. She said something like,'Where's this girls food?' She gets mad when Issy wants to bring meat without bread because she doesn't like bread, Spec's lack of food was a disgrace!

I told her she had student of the month and had gotten pizza. After asking her own daughter why she didn't have pizza, she asked me if I wanted any. I said um yeah, because well that's how things are.

She left and I didn't expect her to come back but she did, with two pizza slices, two brownies, two juices and two nasty looking piles of peaches.

I told her she was so cool.

When she left I kept expecting her to pop up again, but she didn't and we started talking about other people's moms.

Spec's mom is alright. She's a small lawyer and is over weight, but she's nice enough even if she isn't that aware when it comes to her daughter.

Caprice's mom is in love with me and my family for some weird reason. My jacked up, non religious family. That's what this over zealous Christian, 4 kids, 30 year old loves. The world works in strange ways.

And then there's Hilary's mom. She may be the most perfect Disney mom ever created. You walk into her house and she offers you her leg and nose and pantry full of food. She always calls Hilary, Princess and kisses her on the cheek every time they see each other. Issy always says,'Damn I wish my mom was like that.'

My day was dull, other than the after school performance of DC Strings for NJHS. And even that was rather dull, only 5 kids showed up today. It's like they saw our flyer and decided to ditch on purpose.

I've decided the people that don't like me, though there are very few, must be avoided. See I used to follow these people around more than others, trying to make them like me. Making up fake similarities and small talk. But I was watching a new show on Disney, Fish Hooks, with my sister, and I realized that I don't need to make the people that don't like me for no reason, like me. It's just not worth it.

I was trying to do this with Korlola's friend, Ginger. For some reason she hates me to the core. Last NJHS, when we were packing up plush roses to sell she threw mine at my head instead of handing it to me. It didn't hurt but I wanted to cry. It wasn't even a big deal, and she somewhat rudely apologized, but it wasn't like she slipped. She chucked it at my head, no denying it.

She's distant and rude, but for some reason she ends up with amazing friends. In elementary and a little now she was Bernie's best friend. Stuck at the hip. And now she's attached to Korola. I don't get it. Is she different in private? Different around me?

Tomorrows Specs birthday! I got her a crown from my 7 year old next door neighbor and she wore it today, which makes no sense. And even if she wasn't really rocking the whole birthday girl look, it was terrible that Ariel told her she looked stupid.

But then Spec's made me really angry. We took an open book pop quiz in health and I got a 93, as did Specs and Katlyn. Me and Katlyn were like,'Yeah! We got A's!' And Spec's was like,'imagine pig squealing.' She then took the teacher, who always seems like he's going to punch someone and say SHAMPOW,test key and corrected it. What? And she made a whole big deal of how he was wrong. It was just disrespectful.

So I actually got a 95. I asked if the girl who got a hundred actually got 97, but no one listened to me.

Sorry for the empty blog. Middle school isn't really full of that much drama, or at least my life isn't. In fact I was trying to think of a problem in my own life to give to my Geo teacher who is getting her masters in guidance counseling, but I couldn't find one. Not a single one...

TTYL GRLS!

0 comments: