Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

February 21, 2011

I love long weekends, because despite my amazing grades and, let's not lie, extreme popularity, school just isn't my thing. Don't get me wrong, I love some of my teachers, but I don't crave their classes on Saturday. Sometimes being the teacher's pet sucks. Oh, that's right, being a teachers pet implies doing extra, and I just do what they ask.

Which is why extra credit seems really unnecessary to me. It's only extra if you did your work, and those seeking extra credit didn't do their original work.

Sorry, that's harsh. For some reason when I feel vulnerable or sensitive I get really mean. I think it's a guy thing, like asserting my manliness.

And right now, I feel very hurt. See, my sister just came in here because I said I saw a bug. She blew on it and it fell off the cliff of the desk. And then I, this is gonna revoke my manliness, burst into tears. I literally had to go to my room to stop crying.

What? I don't even get it.
I'm not PMSing, I'm not bipolar (despite what you've heard) and I was not close to this bug in particular way.
It was like I felt so bad for it. Like someone had thought it so unimportant, that they didn't care if they hurt it. Because it couldn't fight back. It's sick.

I was reading my textbook in health and it talked about mood swings, and I was like,'Mood swings! Ahah, those are for my mom!' And then here I am, crying because a centimeter long winged creature was blown off my desk.

I'm such a hypocrite.

And, sorry for my own interruption, this weekend was more likes school than school is.
Issy came over on Saturday and celebrated my grand fathers birthday with us. Then she and I went immediately to work on our science project. This quarter it's all about the periodic table. We had to reinvent it, reorganize it and make it fun, while picking an audience to target it to.

We picked teenage boys, and because printing atomic masses and numbers on breasts isn't illegal, it's frowned upon. We made each element a license plate. It was only after we finished, we realized we had put all the information on the elements but the name of it.

It's on a huge poster board and we still have to make an advertisement, write an essay, and come up with a presentation or defense for it. Working on the model was the first time I ever pulled an almost all nighter and turned my computer corner into the cave of darkness. Because that's what it became, an evil place for all the metaloids and halogens to hang out.

My wrist is killing me and the bug things is still on my mind and this morning I woke up,went on the computer and I was on some person's twitter account looking at all their posts. I don't even have a twitter! I make myself feel like such a creeper. Sometimes I wake up and my camera is still on, my blinds are wide open and the binoculars are unsafely around my neck.

On Saturday I also had a self competition thing where I had to play my violin solo for a judge and then she or he rated me.

It started off really badly when Ms.Heels had to run out of the room and find my sheet music and then I couldn't tune myself because I was afraid to break a string. And then it got worse when I realized my judge was my private teacher's daughter. Here's my logic- she could either give me the best score in order to please her mother, or because she's known me since I was two, she could ruin me!

She didn't, and I paid for my metal (you heard right) and hung out with this violist from the chamber of secrets and Tim.

Let's go on Facebook and see some prime examples of middle school life-
Did u guys like it when my hair is shorter like now or longer like last year? And that's a dude's post.  
I was born for dying. Is this a quote or are you sending a certain kicking the TV into the tub message? 
My nails are glow in the dark haha when i was little i thought that glow in the dark things were made out of dinosaur pee And once again, Katlyn, is the king!





And whoa! I just got a message from some guy at my school talking about Peter, that guy that likes me but has never once talked to me. It just says that Peter's really nice. And that's it. No instructions. No explanations. Just, yeah he's cool.
Like Peter hired him to do that or something.


My wrist is still killing me, and I don't know if I can write, so I'm gonna go try. Hope you had an amazing weekend!

0 comments: