Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Friday, February 18, 2011

February 17, 2011

Today was just not my day.

And I don't want to sound like half of the girls in my class, and, well, most of the boys, but it just kinda blowed.

In Orchestra we had a sub, we all had identities picked out, but then the sub turned out to just be one of the science teachers, who already knew most of us. Actually she had almost run me over while I was getting off the bus.

So, that didn't work and we were completely unprepared, no butter or water balloons or anything at hand. The paper Ms.Heel's had typed up said that we could run the class, which meant Hannie could run the class.

And that's what she did.

I don't know how many times I got yelled at in the 1 hour and 30 minutes she was behind the head stand, but it's a record somewhere. And then the madder she got the more me and Tim would laugh, an endless cycle.

At the end we were all about ready to cry and scared out of our minds, and the sides of the chamber of secrets were clear.
It was me, Tim, Tina and Hose, against Hannie, Yiyiyiyi, and Mia. Oh, the humanity!

And then when I got into Geo I was in this foul mood and I just couldn't help being so harsh with everyone. One girl from my class, a friend of a friend whose kinda my friend, even got mad at me and walked away and won't talk to me. Only I think she might be fake mad, but I can't really tell. She posted on my wall HATE YOU, which indicated completely fake. I deleted it, not because of the original post, but the likes it was generating.

And then only three people showed for book club, me, Ryan and Bernie. And Bernie didn't read the book. So we just wondered and ate the box of Triscuits sitting by us and Bernie decided to call me mom after she did it mistakenly and realized it was because I acted like her mom. Which, when considering her mom, may have been more insult then compliment. But maybe she meant mom, period.

Hopefully I sleep off the mean.

Okay, so I can't remember what I wanted to be for Halloween, but I came up with a new idea. How about Dr,.Frank-N-Furter, from Rocky Horror. And I realize this doesn't help my heterosexuality, but life only throws you the body of a teenage transvestite so often.

We decided we would put one book club meeting together in which members would share the work they have written and receive, and let's be flexible with the definition of this word, help. It was Ryan and Specs idea. Ryan says he has something intense and deep to read. And I've read Spec's 'novel' which is only a few chapters but keeps growing. It's something Disney would use to cast has-been Disney family members, as if to say, 'remember how cool they were?' But someone has to do that job, and maybe a book about a clumsy girl falling for a teen celebrity named Dustin Knight is exactly what they're looking for.
Now don't go stealing that idea, oh wait, it's been done so many times it isn't stealing anymore. It's simply an updated revival?

And my work? Well, let's just say Spec's is always shocked when I tell her Ellen is gay, every time. And explaining that some of my imaginary friends don't speak English, so they have translators, is a little hard to do.

Alright. I have to go research fish nets and leather fingerless gloves. All my love!

0 comments: