Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

February 28, 2011

My theory- All those Chinese symbols people get tattooed onto them are numbers, like in the Holocaust, and eventually, when China takes over, they will already have us all marked.

I taught my mom what a tramp stamp is. For some reason, it's where most girls want their tattoo's. Specs, ironically, wants hers there. I think it will say Freedom Isn't Free, which is one of the ones her father has.

My night hasn't exactly been TV worthy, let's call it the Shoe Fiasco. Yeah, that makes it sound cool, for being a tear soaked, Pay-less, studded, ruffled mess.

I ended up with a new pair of red flats, and ones my mom picked out, that I don't exactly 'care for.'

I've started to watch Modern Family again, and well I can relate to it, the way they portray 'odd' families makes me feel worse about mine. The three on the show are suppose to be the weirdest of the weird, and then there's mine.

I had another long weekend, something to do with the staff at my school improving. Which is probably easier said then done considering we have Mr.Gonzales. He looks like he's in his late twenties, and he's a hall monitor. Thank God, he has no real responsibility. He's the one that stopped me in the hall and asked me if I actually went to this school. I always feel like he flirts with the kids and I just...ugh, he's creepier than this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhuYIr1J1zc
Improve that with a day off school!

But the day off also meant I got to watch the Academy Awards. Which, being a movie buff in training, is pretty awesome. I'd seen a few of the movies, but I haven't yet seen The Kings Speech or Black Swan, probably the most important to see. I'm planning on going with my mom this weekend, while my little sister sees Rango or Never Say Never. Geez, she's so behind.

I liked Scarlett Johanssen's dress, but she would have looked good in anything, am I right?
I liked Mila Kunis's dress? It grew on me.
And despite my hatred for Anne Hathaway, period, and the progressing feelings due to her failure at hosting, I liked the Valentino Archive, she began in.

I spent a lot of time with my grandparents this weekend, and it was really fun. I beat them all at poker, which by the way I don't know how to play. And we had grilled cheese and fries, and Dairy Queen, and it was awesome. They're really cool people. Last year, when my best friend flew in for the Summer, she adored them, and I didn't get it. But they really do have some amazing stories to tell, and I can only hope to be like them. And look like Julie Andrews and have a kid like Ben Affleck.

Oh and to look like a Nicholas Sparks character, that's still on the list.

Ben Affleck takes care of his mom right? He seems like he would.

I would rather relive the Shoe Fiasco than go back to school tomorrow, I didn't have time to do my hair. And they cut people at my school for being white and having curly hair. Honest to God. They need excuses.

I went to the game. Yeah, the basketball game on Friday. I missed the singing of the Star Spangled Banner or something and the first 3 or so minutes of the girls game, but it wasn't like I missed that much.

I sat by Issy, and held her pom poms and I guess she told the girls who go into the mascot suit, it looks like a giant bear, that I was afraid of it. So that thing was following me all night. It was touching me and blowing me kisses and following me. She's a great friend, Issy, she really is.

Of course Specs ended up going, but as I told you last time, she's becoming more and more distant. Which, is good and all, but sometimes she's the only one I have to walk the halls with, or eat lunch with. I'm gonna have to start carrying my book everywhere again, so I don't look like a dumb loner.

The life I lead doesn't even keep me interested.

Don't wear crocs or uggs, and we just might be able to be friends!

PS- I was thinking of the 6th grade, and this memory from reading class made me laugh. We were reading a book, it doesn't matter what, and there was a sentence that started like this,'C'mon man...' In that class we 'popcorned' which just meant calling someone else's name when you were done reading. When this boy, Nathan, was popcorned he started this sentence and said semen, and my teacher laughed so hard. And now I get it.

0 comments: