Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

March 23, 2011

Today my grandma explained to me that to get angry you needed a lot of energy, and I was far to lazy to get angry.

So I guess we all understand now.

So as you may have noticed, what with the fact that I have a blog (that isn't at all like Gossip Girl) that I'm flying under the middle school radar. So when someone openly dislikes me, and they aren't someone I have purposely teased, things get a little off balance. Like when Red hated me, but I think that's resolved.
Anyway my new enemy, or correctly nemesis, is no loser ginger, take some offense ginger people. She's the cheer captain. The wholly unfairly charming and pretty, white, hand crafted, suburbia personified, blond haired (I mean no harm, blonds) frakin' cheer captain! Cassie.....

I'm fairly sure she unfriended me on the Facebook. If I cursed I would say that something just hit the fan. But I don't, so you know, things just got worse. Is what I'm saying. Now by her name, which took me half an hour of time I had to waste to find, says underneath it 84 mutual friends.

Her best friend just happens to be headlining today too. And this is just as out of the ordinary. Most of the cheerleaders are in advanced dance (3rd hour) and apparently while in the dressing room they talk. I've never been watching them or anything so I wouldn't know, because obviously I'm not creepy or anything. And somehow the annual student survey comes up, in which you can leave your own personal comment on your school at the bottom.
I put -Our school gets alright once you learn to deal with its quirks.
One year Bernie wrote a novel on the dress code and then went in and thesaurused every word to make herself sound smart and ended up sounding like a child trying to sound smart. School=academy. Heart= myogenic muscular organ

And, I guess, this girl, Chelsae, said that in her comment she complained about the fact that all the zoned kids were Mexicans, and they were all really rude and like super annoying and the school should be, totally, magnet. I'm paraphrasing here. (I wonder if she knows what that means.)


So Issy, the same girl who beat up German, the most popular boy in school when he shoved me into the lockers, basically had a BF. If you know what I mean. She went crazy, and Issy isn't Mexican, she wasn't personally attacked, she just isn't, well, Chelsae. She ranted for about the rest of the time in the locker room, which by now was completely silent and watched Chelsae's bird face screw itself up and rush out the door.


Chelsea later ran into me and said, loudly and cheerfully, 'Hey O!' I told Issy that I didn't think she knew my name, she told me Cassie probably talks about me a lot.

But the moral isn't that white chicks be crazy, and racist, as easy as that is to jump to, and true. Because just like the girl from UCLA, we can point our finger at an individual, but come on. Chelsea is just another product of our society. Just because I was raised with family meals and she was raised with a convertible waiting in the garage for her doesn't mean she's all bad. What I'm saying is that girls like her are as middle school, and sadly American, as crying yourself to sleep and apple pie.

I mean how funny is it that she tried to say hi to me after the fact thinking that I'd report that she was all good to Issy?

I guess I'll go wallow in one less friend, out of my 7, excuse me, 6, and hold back the tears. But whats new?

I hope you had a less cold, drama filled day than I did. Because I called dibs!

0 comments: