Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Thursday, May 5, 2011

May 3, 2011

Are you still loling because I'm lqtming! Beat that.
Seriously though, that's what I hear pretty much all day.

I'm not exactly sure what to compare the popular people 'zone' to, other than a spider web or maybe pictures of rashes on the Internet. They draw you in, even though you know it isn't a good idea.
But then again, maybe what I consider popular isn't popular. (I mean I'm not wearing silly bands.) So maybe when I say that sitting with Ariel and Lumiere and Tim and Jason isn't a big deal.

Ariel has lost her flair.
In sixth grade she was hot stuff. In sixth grade Ms.Heels gave us donuts and punch, flowers for 8th graders and a Disneyland trip for 8th graders.
In 7th she was popular when she was dating someone. We got cookies after performances, 8th graders got flowers and a Disneyland trip.
In 8th grade she dances to no music in homeroom as though it doesn't look like shes between grinding the desk and having muscle spasms. We don't get a trip, flowers or treats whatsoever.

Needless to say I'm a tad bummed. I know everyone always compares everything to a roller coaster, but I feel like this is the part right before the loop, only, just kidding. Its the end of the ride.

More and more people are going to semi-formal though, and its sorta giving me 'cold feet.'
Its not like I was invited to any one's party bus. Which Issy was, and decided not to go to! She won't understand what she has until she's lost it....

Speaking of cheerleaders. I started going over to the 'cheer' homeroom to visit Issy. And aside from dancing like they're at a half time show of a game I'm not watching, and replaying their nationals, everything was pretty dull.
Though spending time with Issy is nice. Were almost out of time, and while I'm not going to miss many people, I will miss her.
She was complaining about the tiny pimple clusters she gets on her forehead and *warning its about to get a little racist* I told her that because of her darker skin you cant see acne, she doesn't sunburn and she can fly, so she shouldn't complain.

As Miley, half black half Asian, walked in I asked her if she could fly. Things got a little confusing and hilarious then.

Am I more racist than I think?

But then again 'racist' to Specs is telling a story that includes black people. What?

Basically nothing has happened that has changed my life in the days we've spent apart. Sorry to let you down. Never let go Jack, never let go!
This got awkward very fast.

Keep your head up, your Crocs off, your phone away from you pelvis and your body away from windowless vans with signs promising candy on it.
God, now were making molestation jokes? What have we come to?

0 comments: