Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

May 2, 2011

I feel like I've let my sole viewer down by not posting every day. And I know you won't believe that I'm busy or hanging out with my dancer/cheerleader/student council/all around wholesome good people friends. I guess I'll just go with the truth.
8th grade is getting in the way.

I understand that school is going to get a lot tougher next year, but as this year ends, with only 30 some days left, and my want to be prepared, it's getting a little old. There are more projects, and homework and concerts.

I think that as the weather gets hotter, and the smell of sunscreen starts to envelope the classrooms, and the teachers start to put away motivational posters, I slowly lose my will to keep working and put my all in everything. Call it whatever cliche thing you want, I'll be simple. I'm so done with middle school.

I feel like 8th grade is the year of silenced laughter.
Let me explain- 8th grade is taken so seriously. Your the big kids, your developed, your dating (and trust me that's laughable.)
Everyone is straight faced and even the jokes are stiff.
You try not to laugh at your acne or anyone Else's, because its a big deal.
We are suppose to take every little slid in insult that comes our way as a huge deal, news worthy drama, when in fact it's so much easier to laugh at the fact that they can sound like Hannah Montana and George Carlin.
Teachers word is wither law or a mean Facebook status. Our parents must be looked at with a straight face when they say a word incorrectly while yelling at you, their veins popping out.

Every thing's massive, nothing just is. And to tell you the truth, I'm done with having to take everything as though it's life or death.
I'm done with pretending that how Hannie says gar-nay rather than garnet, isn't hilarious. And having to keep up with Kyrsten and Kylie and Katie's social life just to understand a conversation.

And I know I'm just your average nerd, I'm sick of teachers too. Especially my Geo teacher. I don't know who peed in her cereal, and frankly it doesn't interest me.

Today we had an exam in her class and I asked  her about this question that I'd asked her about in the past, which she ignored.
True or False- There are 500,000 people in the Chinese correction camps.
My notes- There are more than 200, 000 people in the Chinese correction camps.

So what do I put, true or false?
500,000 is bigger than 200,000, so it could be true. But we don't know so it could be false.

She yelled at me, and laughed in front of the entire class. Telling me she wasn't going to help me cheat and give me the answer and that it was a stupid question and that if you had a million dollars you wouldn't say you had more than 100,000.
But that would be true!

I ended up putting false, but only after she asked me if I had given my 7th grade history teacher this much trouble. I told her no, his tests were clearly written.
She only half heard me and you can lecture me all you want. I know there's a time and place for everything, but I was so sick of her. Don't worry I'm not gonna start graffitiing things and setting things on fire.

She was just being so mean! Even teachers shouldn't be mean!

I'm sorry for venting. Might as well end it now. It's not me, its you. I'm exactly in the right place in my life right now, I just don't like you. You don't deserve me. I honestly don't want to be friends. I'm ready for a serious relationship, just not with you. You probably won't make someone happy some day.

I'm planning on making shirts? You like? I hope so.
Does your mom wear Crocs?

0 comments: