Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Friday, May 13, 2011

May 13, 2011

Friday the 13th!


I don’t feel too good today, I have been steadily getting sicker, and my positive energy is not helping as Hannie told me it would. Then again, she also reenacts Greece mythology on the bus.

And if there's one thing I can't stand it's not being called up when there's a reenactment of Zeus killing his sister as a bird or something. I don’t know.

In Geo today we learned about the Indian caste system. And I use the term ‘learn’ very loosely. We each got roles and then jobs.
But in the class hour, of an hour and a half, half the kids took spoon fulls of water to fill Styrofoam cups and the other half cleaned her room. I organized her back game cabinets. If she wanted us to clean her room she should give us volunteer hours, not mask it as a lesson.
I have started calling her the lady who teaches us sometimes.

And other than watching her class pick itself up, Tim told me I had the facial features of a lesbian.
Hmmmm? That’s new.

Science, in comparison was uneventful. We worked on our projects and I hit up some girls for black clutches I could borrow for the dance. The cheer leaders, who are currently working on Cheer Town spilled water all over their board thereby spilling glitter sand everywhere. Kenzie got paint on her coach shoes and ran around looking for a tide stick.

The dance concert was tonight and tomorrow. Which meant I was alone on the bus, where many people asked why I was alone. I don’t like that. People thinking its weird for someone to be alone. Is that just me?

I also got called up to the counselor's office with a bunch of other nominees for the American Legion Award. Look it up, its legit. I have to write an essay addressed to incoming 6th graders, giving them tips and talking about how experience is the best teacher. I’ll post the finished project.

Hilary, Ariel, London, Troy, they were all there.
Specs and Kenzie, to my knowledge, were not invited to the little party.

I don’t mean to get my hopes up, because face it, I’m the only white one in the group (which in life may get me far, but here is seen as to much as a privilege or something,) but its almost like if I have my hopes up I’ll writer a better essay. I’m getting myself far too excited. Setting myself up for disappointment.

A highlight of my day (which I hate saying, because it reminds me of the terrible children's magazine) was homeroom with Bernie.

We played twisted versions of Would you rather? and F, Marry, Kill.
I nearly threw up at times. But it was fun none the less. She brought up the fact that I hadn’t kissed a boy yet, or a girl for a matter of fact.

I haven’t found someone worth kissing. Simple.

I feel like saying anything more is pointless, it’ll be semi-formal related and dull.

We better just go now. While we still have our dignities.

Hold your breath for the semi-formal update. I’ll be the only one with a notepad and paper to record the drama.

Until then! Wish me luck!

0 comments: