Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

The Day After Spring Break

I like to think of school as a vaccine. You know it's beneficial, but you hate getting it.
What, there aren't needles everywhere at your school?

While I did not fist pump in the Jersey Shore this Spring Break, I did, have a lot of fun. Well, now I've made myself feel bad about not fist pumping enough. The truth is, Spring Break is bad and good for you. You catch up on your sleep, you wear what you want. (For me that would be, what do you call it- ***less chaps) Its the good life.
Until it isn't.
Not even mentioning sunburns and injuries, the day you return to school after your wild break (which includes Batgammon and Keyboard Cat for me) is basically the minor version of a hangover.

I didn't remember anything in math today, and there was this moment in which I would look at the problem, think I knew I could do it and then freeze. Nothing. It didn't help that there was this girl, the awfully named, Lavender, behind me, who kept saying all the answers out loud. Saying she should just take the test right now. Curse you!

But it's true that there's always that one kid in class that doesn't understand the fact that everyone, including the teacher, wants them to be quiet. They ask stupid, already answered questions. They poke the hornets nest. And I personally am not going to help them when they get stung, the can calculate how long they need to treat their wounds anyway, Lavender.

And its not just her disgusting habits, or rudeness, but her name. I don't have anything against the scent. It's just that some names will trigger anger in all of us.
Weather you had a bad experience with a person by that name, or you don't think it fits with their face. I can't judge.
I think we all understand that there will always be a know it all, jerk named Ashley. We all know one, we all have stories to tell, we're just lucky we lived to tell them.

Spring Break also seems to trigger cravings for Summer. Its like we whet our appetites, and going back to school seems way to early.

However, to lighten the the mood, my school had Nerd Day.
It's unfortunately Spirit Week, which does mean free dress. But then again free dress means dressing like you're from the streets. Most kids in my school take free dress as,'look like you slept in an alley, but didn't.'

I didn't have to dress up, and I did get quite a few comments telling me I did a really good job.
I brought a school supply tie (which makes one think, why does she have that lying around) and some 7 dollar, dollar store glasses. But I opted to wear a collared shirt, the reason being, I'm pretty much a scaredy cat.
And the fact that I wore dress code on a free dress day can either be looked at as nerdy or tragically cool? Yeah. I'll let you think that one over.

Maybe this week will trump even last week?
Maybe I'll stop putting myself down because I feel inadequate compared to my classmates and friends?
Maybe my mom wont wear Crocs?

0 comments: