Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

April 4, 2011

We got our letters from the magnet high schools today. I applied to the arts academy, the lead off from my current school, for orchestra and the school a block from mine, which focuses on hard core academics, and college prep.

I'm leaning more towards the second, but the good thing is I got accepted into both! I'm lucky, a lot of people were wait listed, or declined. I actually found out before today because I made a deal with one of the counselors to let me know when she found out, on Friday. I guess I can add another perk to being this awesome.

Though when I was called up by her, and I realized why, I nearly ran, and yet slowed down. It's scary being a few hallways from finding out if your plan, whether it be conscious or subconscious, worked out.

And for a lot of people, like Issy and Jordan, it did. Issy applied to a school that has the programs engineering (for her) and being a pilot or whatever (for her boyfriend.) Her other to applications were sent to schools she didn't want to go to. She got wait listed for both of them and selected to the school of her choice. As did her boyfriend. I say it's the universe telling her mom,'no.' But it doesn't matter, she's so happy.

This means setting up a sleepover schedule and texting rather than talking face to face. But it's worth it I suppose. She's gonna be amazing. And I'm gonna be amazing. Even if we aren't going to be amazing.

But I'll get to that later...I'm turning up the estrogen in here....

I went semi formal dress shopping today. And trust me, I know your facial expression, mom, it isn't that much of a surprise. Though everyone keeps saying things like,'Your going to semi formal!?' Ego only slightly bruised. Don't worry, rolls of the back by now.

Me, Issy, her sister and our moms went dress shopping. I got an army green, silky, strapless, dress with two brass buttons on each side, which only adds to the military look. Issy got a black and white, halter with big white ruffles around the collar.
But it appears that opening and closing this door, has created 6 more. Jewelry. Hair. Makeup. Mask (its a masquerade.) Shoes. Sweater. 

Should I get a cropped military jacket, or go with the classic cardigan? Mask or no? Straight or curly?

Speaking of straight, I asked someone to the dance.
Shorty.
The 4'9", ex cancer patient, feisty, dancer/techie, amazing, flower buying Shorty.
The scariest moment in every middle schoolers life is the one between the initial,'Will you go to the dance with me?' And then, hopefully, following,'Yes!' Minus the exclamation point.

But it's set. Did I get romantic? Maybe. Does this make me reconsider my sexuality? No. Does it make my mom reconsider my sexuality? No. She's set in her, 'your a lesbian' ways, anyway.

In asking my first, and probably last (I will make no promises. Call me.) girl out. I have begun to wonder.

Who would be my perfect friend?
And so the O Compatibility Exam was born.

Name-
Height-
Nickname-
Age-
What is your favorite Julia Roberts movie?
Whats your favorite Debra Messing movie?
Which character from Family Guy would like to be for a day?
Do you own a more then 7 solid colored shirts?
Do you throw away playbills and tickets of any sort?
Does your favorite candy bar have caramel in it?
Does your favorite color belong to the kindergarten rainbow or do you add adjectives before the base color?
Have you ever imagined that you belonged in prison or an insane asylum?
Hugh Grant or Colin Firth?
Ellen or Letterman?
Blue suede or purple velvet?
Do you know the flight time between Paris and London?
What would you take with you on a stranded island?
If the answer wasn't the complete DVD sets of Gossip Girl, Glee, or How I met your Mother please stop the test now.
Do you occasionally restart your computer and find some random persons photos from Facebook on it?
Do you know the age of every one of your teachers/co workers?
Do you pronounce the word,'crayon,' like this cran, or crai-on?
If given the chance would you kill someone for me?
With light sabers?
Do you think of inventing the triple stuff?
Do you like hot cereal?
Do you know how to spell the word license?
Do you know how to spell the word, AWESOME!?

And now I wait....

Correct answers tomorrow?
Oh..I have another question- Would you, in any circumstance, like say you were trapped on a volcano with a dragon, wear Crocs to save yourself or the people around you?

0 comments: