Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Thats it, June 2011

I know I didn't post on June 9th, but I needed a break. Well deserved, I might add.
And this final blog post isn't going to be easy to write, I have so much to say. A year of torment and humiliation and stupidity and fun all summed up in a few paragraphs. That's no easy task.

In some ways the year went by extremely fast.
In terms of science projects and upcoming movies, it was so fast.

But if I think about beginning band being right next to my Algebra class, and them getting better throughout the year. Or the neighborhood dogs weaning their barking when I came by because they saw me every day and knew who I was, then the year was treacherous and long.

It was an unpredictably big year for me. My parents split up, and I've seen some of the strongest people I know loose their footing but keep dancing. This was the last year I will spend in school with my best friend, Issy. And the first year with Kenzie, who I can only hope will become a close friend.

No I didn't smoke, or drink or have sex. I didn't beat out my nemesis or join the popular click. But I learned so much more than algebra and geography. Humans, middle schoolers in particular, are a strange race. And I think understanding why they do the things they do has just replaced my goal of looking like a Nicholas Sparks character.

Do I feel different?
Do you feel your new age on your birthday morning? No, I feel like I see people differently now, some stayed the same though. I feel like looking at the future now is actually much harder than it was at the beginning of the year.
I think that's what 8th grade, this year in all, as taught me the most.
They future is never going to go exactly as planned.
So maybe I'll end up a screenwriter or go to Stanford, or maybe I won't. I can hope, and I can work for it but life has a way of changing plans and I don't know yet if we should really try to change them back or not.

Messing with life doesn't seem like the best plan.

I still have four more years of planning and gosh, even more after that. I'm way too young to be able to say where I will be at 30, or 25, or 20.

I can, however, keep my head up and enjoy all that I know for certain is coming my way. Like high school, and this summer!

And I can look back and see my school, not as a prison in disguise, but a truly impressive accomplishment. I can't say middle school didn't change me, but I can say I didn't let it change me. Understand? It did what it did, but I didn't do it to myself, and If I'm not mistaken I'm still pretty awesome.

That's all I have to say about that.
Until next time, at the 9th Grade Observer.

Does your mom wear Crocs?

0 comments: