Blog Summary

I'm here to describe -and discover- the truth and humor and pain that is life in the 8th grade. Day by day.

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

2 days left...June 7, 2011

Here's the deal. And I know I sound like Howie Mandel ,but seriously. Throughout middle school I have had people who support me and people I look up too. Those two groups are essential.

My parents and a few choice friends are people I could really go to through all 3 years. And my idols, though unaware of the notebooks I have tracking their every more (I love you Ellen....,) guided me through a lot of it too.

Don't underestimate the power of influence. Hugs before drugs, kids.
I was inspired and heavily influenced by the favorite TV characters, actors and television personalities. They kept me in check. And perhaps it helped that I didn't have idols like Paris Hilton and Brittany, because then I'd be bald and have a sex tape.

Then again that seems to be working out for them right?

So here's the tip- Get a support group, not like my AA meetings, but kinda and don't be afraid to look up to people, except you Croc wearing mom.

My celebrity idol is Blake Lively (you too NPH, you too) and aside from the recent nudes, shes bright and fresh and fun and has a cheerleader attitude minus the pom poms and idiocy. Offense cheerleaders. I watch her interviews and I think, I want to be able to make people happy like that, and to have stories to tell like that, too! I see her and shes beautiful (you too NPH, you too) and I want to look like her.

Its something to work for, something that isn't a grade or a new friend. Something for ourselves. And having something like that could make all the difference in middle school, especially 8th grade.

Finals went alright today, and the count down is on '2.'
I'm scared and excited. My mom says that's what makes us young, having the combination. So I'm not putting it out, because despite what you may think because of my 'older' crushes, I value my youth!

Does your mom wear Crocs?

0 comments: